Sunday, July 24, 2011

Those Pesky Dreams

Last night I dreamed I was back at work for my former boss, who I "affectionately" refer to as that supremely evil, she-devil bitch! I have never fully recounted the terms on which we parted ways back in September 1997. One day, I shall. Until then, suffice to say, it was not an "amicable" separation.

Another fact I suppose I should share, since it does factor into the dream, is that I have been on the Atkins Diet for three weeks now. Three weeks without a slice of bread, a bite of potato, pasta, or rice, and not so much as a "taste" of sugar; i.e., no cookies, cake, ice cream, or pie. Actually, it hasn't been that bad. I have had no serious cravings, do not feel deprived, and do believe I have lost a few pounds. The thing is, I have to plan my meals and do some "actual" cooking. Oh, well. Life is full of trade offs.

Back to the dream. I was sitting at my desk in my former office when the she-devil bitch walks in and plumps down a plate containing a "huge" slice of cake. (I cannot be sure, but I believe it was Italian Cream Cake...one of my favorites.) So, here in a single dream I am faced with two of the "scourges" of my life...my former boss and FOOD!

Hmm? For once, a no-brainer; I don't need Freud to interpret this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is; was it a dream or was it a nightmare?! ;0)

BobbyG said...

LOL, Diane. Actually, after I posted it and re-read it, I thought it sounded rather more like a nightmare.

Music Wench said...

I tried Atkins Diet once. It was great but I miss my starch. I can cut sugar before my starch. But it's the best diet I've ever been on!

I had a couple of horrible socio-pathic bosses. I quit one job after I was in my huge Dodge truck, all 5'0" of me, looking over the hood and seeing the top of her head walking in front of me. The thought I had of saying, "Gee, my foot slipped and I really couldn't see her that well," made me think it was time to go. lol I put in my two week notice and was gone.

Good luck with your diet and I hope you have better dreams. :-)

BobbyG said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Music Wench. This is the second time around for me on Atkins, and I agree, it is the best one out there...for me, at least. Sugar is a big thing for me to give up. It's addictive as cocaine, so I have to avoid it completely, no cheating, no backsliding. I wonder if they have an AA group for giving up sugar. LOL When I finally break over and allow myself a treat, it will most likely be for some bread...GOOD, HOT bread...smeared with real butter. Uh oh...better go now before I get too carried away.