Friday, February 22, 2008

Dream Cheatin' With MY Bobby

I have lamented on more than one occasion on this blog as to the sad fact that, despite my all consuming obsession with the intrepid Detective Goren, I almost never, ever dream about him. The same cannot be said, however, of a couple of my friends…friends, mind you…who paid little or no attention to the man until I brought him to their attention.

What follows is an accounting of a dream my friend, Linda, had last week. She could not wait to regale me with the details of her nocturnal adventure a couple of nights ago when I called to wish her a Happy Birthday. So here, in her own words, are the particulars of the happy encounter my dream-cheating friend, Linda, had with MY Detective Bobby.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
There were four of us in the car that lovely spring day: two in the back, me in the front passenger seat beside the handsome police officer who carefully, of course, stayed within the speed limit. The car behind us drove at a respectful distance; it, too, was manned by a handsome officer of the law. We were on our way to a church picnic at a grounds in the country, beside a sparkling stream; most of the other picnickers were already there, and the tables were laden with every kind of delicious food you can imagine. (Nothing like church-women cooking, is there??!!)

I wasn't sure why the two policemen were so intent on being at this picnic, so I asked the soft-spoken guy beside me. It seems they were looking for a suspect in a crime, and expected he may show up at this picnic.

We pulled into the parking area and exited the cars. The officer who had driven my car was dressed in a light blue shirt, dark tie, dark pants, and a dark-colored overcoat...hmm, odd to wear an overcoat on such a warm spring day, but maybe it's his trademark. I offered to fix him and his partner a plate of food, but they declined, stating they were there to work. They scanned the group of us several times, then walked down to the stream to see if their prey was there....no luck.

Next thing I knew, my handsome policeman-driver and I were walking down the road toward the little strip of 3-4 stores that made up a small rural town. I mentioned to him that I had a good friend who really (REALLY REALLY REALLY) admired him and even owned one of his tee-shirts. He smiled and looked down and said, "Oh, you must mean…The Black Tee-Shirt of Hotness…and I, surprised, replied, "Oh, you KNOW about that!!" I think he flushed slightly in embarrassment....or was it just that he was hot (in the sweaty sense of the word...because it was a warm day and we were walking in the sun...not HOT hot....if you get my drift here)? We may never know....

Most of what I noticed about this officer was his very gentle, sexy, soft, warm, sexy, caressing, enticing, sexy voice (got carried away there, sorry). He was such a nice man, very kind, very polite (opened my door for me at the picnic, how often does THAT happen anymore??), rather shy, and did I mention his lovely voice?? Oh, I see that I did...I digress...

Anyway, we arrived at the area where the stores were and got into our car (not sure how it got there from the picnic grounds, but hey, this WAS a dream). Again I was lucky enough to sit beside the yummy cop in the overcoat who really had SUCH a nice, sexy voice (there I go again). I felt so comfortable with him, sitting soooooo close beside him in the intimacy of the car again. Sigh....he smelled nice, too (well, didn't dream that part, but I'm just positive he did).

OHHHHH, I haven't mentioned his name yet, have I??? I'm so sorry....here it is, such a vital part of the story, silly me, how could I leave that out.....

DETECTIVE BOBBY GOREN

And the almost-as-handsome (I SAID ALMOST!!!!) officer driving the other car???? His name was Detective Chris Noth!!!!! (Don't know his real "detective" name.)

Sigh....such a lovely dream, I do so wish everyone who is a fan of the sexy-voiced Detective Goren could have been there.....well.....or NOT.

Eat your heart out, BobbyG.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So, there you have it…in her own words…from my dream-cheatin’ friend. I fancy my sweet Bobby may have looked something like this in Linda's dream. I know this is how he would look in my dream…if I ever had one.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not alone, if I'm awake, I'm usually thinking about him, and probably if I'm asleep too, but it's rarer than finding fresh dinosaur do-do for me to dream about him...which seems VERY unfair ;0)


Ah bless, he had SUCH an awful cold in these pics. I would have rubbed his chest for him (if only he'd let me!)

val said...

Don't be so sure he'd look yummy if you dreamed of him. In the only dream I ever had of him his teeth had morphed into something really icky and his hair was Want/Welles gone horribly wrong and greasy.

Eliza said...

I dodn't dream about him either..which seems very unfair considering how much of my waking thoughts are spent on him :-(

Although...I have a theory that I DO dream about him,but my dreams are so HOT that my brain won't let me remember them in the daytime LOL

BobbyG said...

Like you, Diane, my dreams of him are vere RARE. When I do, however, he always appears as Bobby -- so he's looking pretty good, Val -- but the dreams themselves are very "chaste." I like Eliza's theory -- hot, sweaty dreams too intense for my walking around brain to handle. LOL

Jane said...

I don't dream of him often, the last dream I had we were sitting on a park bench talking...He was so sad. Needless to say, I woke up depressed.