Monday, February 25, 2008

The Voice

Bobby’s "voice."

It can be soft and caressing as silk, sweet as honey, or hard as nails. It can be filled with compassion or laced with biting sarcasm. It can be "in-your-face" accusatory, filled with humor or outright angry indignation, but any way you slice it…as far as I’m concerned…it is the sexiest part of Detective Robert Goren.

Sometimes I turn on my iPod at work to a LOCI episode, just to have Bobby’s dulcet tones wafting through the air in the background while I go about my work day. Or, there are times at night when I pop in an 8-hour VHS tape of LOCI episodes and let them run. If I happen to doze off and then waken in the middle of the night, it is to the refrains of that velvety mellifluous voice. Ahhhh! Bobby’s voice…it is indeed a very good thing. (I know. I need help...possibly an intervention of some sort, but the fact is...I don’t want one.)

Much ballyhoo – deservedly so – is made of Bobby’s sultry-brown bedroom eyes...his feathery eyelashes...his “sometimes” curly locks...his sensuously full lips...his playful, darting tongue... his handsome, expressive face...his strong hands and long, nimble fingers...his sinewy arms, broad back and splendidly expansive shoulders...his muscular thighs and long legs...his large feet and – ever popular – “groinular” region. (Did I miss anything, Vixens?)

But for me…the thing that sends shivers up and down my spine, knocks me to my knees, and turns my belly to a big bowl of quivering jelly...every single time…is the voice.

Instead of searching through – quite literally – thousands of pictures to depict each of the manly “attributes” mentioned above, I am taking the easy way out and posting a selection of photos from the episode I just screen capped: “Masquerade.”





























You know, that "My 64" logo is starting to grow on me. I mean, it could stand for my 6'4" hunka doodle-do Bobby. I just need to figure out what I could substitute for the WSTR. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

mary said...

Don't know about the logo but I do agree with you about the voice:) Wouldn't it be nice if VDO would do some books on tape stuff. I swear he could read the instruction sheet for a canopener and I would wear out the recording.

BobbyG said...

Yes, YES, I am in total agreement about the books on tape. To have that voice intimately, softly whispering in my ear...OMG!!! And it could be the phone book, stereo instructions, or the menu from the local pizza joint. Great idea...Mary.

val said...

Or he could just say "rhubarb" repeatedly in my ear...

Sorry, BobbyG, your list was PRETTY comprehensive but you could have added his button nose, his nibblable neck, his scrunched-up ears, the brow-raise, his wrists (ooooh!), his cheekbones.

I LOVE that he does not have a great bick sticky-out Adam's apple on that yummy neck.

BobbyG said...

Yeah, Val...I thought about his nose and neck and CHEST (and a few other titillating parts) as I dozed off to sleep last night. I knew I could count on the rest of you to add the missing pieces.

PurpleVixen7 said...

Bobby's vosie,o my,o my,set my world on fire!!It is so incredible,I don't have enaf words to explain!!
A..that neck and eatable cute years and nose;the lips..mmm,and the bambi chocolate eyes..drool!!