Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bengals and SVU

So, I'm watching NBC Sunday night. I know, I know, I had vowed to boycott NBC in addition to the USA Network after the shabby way they treated my guy and my show, but I do have a good excuse. Well, I have an excuse.

You see, my Bengals "played" -- and I use the term loosely -- the Jets on Sunday Night Football, and a girl has to have her football fix. Needless to say, since the Jets opened up a big ol' can of "whip ass" on my lads in the worst offensive display ever...EVER...for a Bengals team, I was left decidedly...unfulfilled. 37-0 was the final score, but the good news is, the Jets get to travel to Cincinnati this Saturday for a rematch in one of the AFC Wild Card playoff games. (Please, God, may the Bengals team that played the Bears show up for this one. I am not overly confident.)

Anyway, a commercial for Law & Order SVU came on during the game. I wasn't watching that closely, but then something caught my attention. I heard Olivia say something about her boot and then tells this guy to lick it. When he does not immediately comply with her order, she screams, "Lick it!" Now, I know this is just a snippet, but all I could think was, "Wow, these characters are really out of control." I stopped watching this show last season, and you know what...I don't miss it. Nope...not one little bit.

I found the promo on YouTube and the bit I referred to is at the very end. See what you think. I'm also thinking that Stabler and Benson are starting to show their age. Perhaps the job is starting to get to them.


YouTube Video by RhymePhile.

7 comments:

ann said...

i never really got into svu - i found the subject matter pushed some buttons and was too uncomfortable for me ---

i'm gonna play catch up today; stuck in 'cos of the snow --- yuck yuck yuck

hope all's good with you

Anonymous said...

It's the one member of the L & O 'family' I've never liked - and it REALLY pisses me off that the two leads got HUGE salary increases while LOCI (as usual) has been left to die....

Eliza said...

I used to watch it, but then they pulled the thing with the salaries, and Vincent & Katie didn't, and I went off it rapidly.Irrational much?

I never really liked Olivia anyway, something about her grates on me, so it's not a big loss.

Sorry about your team..I suffer a similar thing with the 'soccer' team I support..sucks!

sixtwosue said...

Good luck in the rematch. Sorry to say I've always had a soft spot for the Jets, even though I'm from a long line of Giants fans. But I must admit I get a kick out of your man Ochocinco. He's got personality. And what's not to love about the Bengals' uniforms? :)

BobbyG said...

As for SVU, I didn't start watching it until season 3 or 4, then I watched it off and on until last season. Never much cared for either of the leads and the story lines were always so "severe," but then that is the nature of the beast. Like I said, I don't miss it. I will, however, miss Bobby and LOCI very, very much.

Sixtwosue, Hi and thanks for stopping by. Actually, I usually root for the Jets when they're not playing my Bengals. Been a fan since the heyday of Joe Namath. (I'm very old. LOL) As for Chad Johnson -- I refuse to call him Ochocinco -- no doubt about it, he's got a big mouth, but he's not obnoxious. I just want him to shut up and catch the darn ball, but you're right...he has personality galore. Are you pulling my leg about the uniforms, because I LOVE the Bengals uniforms from the tiger stripes on the helmet to the jersey and pants. ESPN commentator, Chris -- big mouth - Berman, says they're the worst in the NFL, but evidently he hasn't taken a look at the Seattle Seahawks "blue" jerseys and don't even get me started on the Steelers "new" jerseys and butt ugly helmet they wore off and on this year. Wow. Didn't mean to go on and on. Anyway, I'll be decked out in my Bengal's gear, watching the game from the comfort of my warm and cozy living room versus the frozen tundra that will be Paul Brown Stadium tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping for the BEST, but expecting the worst.

sixtwosue said...

I do love the Bengals' uniforms. Too bad your QB didn't show up for the game. I wonder about the Jets, though ... they are getting the breaks and sometimes that's all a team needs. At least the Patriots are gone. I can't stand them.

BobbyG said...

Sixtwosue, you are absolutely right about Carson not showing up for the game. Actually, he has been "off" all season, high passes, low passes, totally out of control passes. The Bengals insist he is okay...health-wise, but I don't know. Oh well, we Bengal fans get to wait until next year and get our hopes up again. I am a LONG SUFFERING Bengals fan. Trust me, I am used to disappointment.

I agree with you about the Patriots. I usually root against the Ravens because they are in our division and, therefore, big time rivals, but I love the Michael Oher story and really loved watching them put a hurtin' on the Pats last Sunday. We have a big weekend of football ahead. It will be interesting to see who survives to advance to the championship games.