Friday, June 18, 2010

In Plain Sight Promo - Bobby Goren Style

I was lucky enough to "capture" this commercial...hmm...I guess it was about three years ago. It was around Father's Day because there were several ads for "Dad" on the DVD as well. Anyway, I was never able to do anything with it...until now...because I finally, finally purchased some recording/converting/editing software that I could figure out.

And now, I have turned into a recording/converting/editing "whore." My problem will soon become that I have run out of space on my computer to store little tidbits like this, and I will have to find another place to put them. Can YouTube be in my future? Probably not. I'm having enough trouble getting Photobucket to cooperate with me, but -- huzzah, huzzah!! -- it finally did. I guess perserverence does pay off eventually.

On to the commercial. It was back in the "good old days." Remember them? When the USA Network actually "liked" Law & Order CI and Vincent D'Onofrio and recognized the benefit of having a well-established, well-loved, well-respected "character" like Detective Goren welcome a newcomer into the fold. "Ah, yes. I remember it well," she says, wiping a nostalgic, whimsical tear from her eye.

For those of you who recall this ad, this particular version is just a "smidge" longer than the one USA aired the majority of the time. In this version, Bobby says, "So, welcome" and gives her this "look." And Mary says, "Thanks, it's great to be part of the team," and appears to be totally oblivious to his shy "boyish" charm. Silly woman. I still crack up when he says he has to go because it's a 32-hour drive to New York, and he puts the siren on and it makes it go faster. But he looks a little hurt and dejected that she doesn't invite him in to have a piece of...pie. I repeat...silly woman!

Enjoy!

In Plain Sight Promo - Slideshow (Please pardon the "gratuitous" hand-shot. Also, notice how he keeps looking at her...ahem...chest. That's my Bobby!)



The Video

5 comments:

Ruby said...

This is awesome, BobbyG! Adorable! I never saw this before! Thanks so much for posting!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Bobby! Funny. Made me chuckle

Anonymous said...

Happy Days - I have stills from this I think you sent me (thank you!), but not the video so thank YOU again. I now back everything on my computer up to a memory stick and next on my list is an external hard drive. Paranoid about computer meltdown? Moi??! ;0)

Jane said...

I love it when he leans in and sniffs the pie! God he's adorable :)

Eliza said...

Still don't understand how she could just let him go like that..I'd have pulled him inside so fast the pie would have flown out the door :-D

Congratulatons on getting some software that actually does what it's supposed to, btw