Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Favorite Bobby "Quote"

The USA Network has been running a LOCI Marathon since 8:00p.m. last night through 11:00p.m. this evening to – according to the website – “get us back in a CI state of mind” before the season premiere this Thursday. Since I am seldom more than two seconds away from that state of blessed nirvana, USA need not have bothered on my behalf, but I have to admit that I have been enjoying the nonstop parade of Goren and Eames (Eames as in Alexandra, Goren’s partner) episodes all the same. Lest you think me completely devoid of a life, however, I should report that I did manage to get a few chores done today during the Logan/Wheeler installments. And, if that is not enough, BRAVO has a mini LOCI marathon every Sunday night from 6:00p.m. to 2:00a.m., so when the USA marathon ends, I can just switch to that channel to continue my Bobby-ogling. (Just so you know, if Bobby-ogling was an Olympic event, I'd be the gold medal winner!)

Now, the reason for this post. All this Bobby-watching got me thinking about some of my favorite Goren quotes. After six seasons, there have been several, but I believe I will start with the following. It is from Season 2 and the episode is called “Bright Boy.” Please allow me to set-up the scene for you.

Goren and Eames are in the middle of investigating a crime scene. The apparent prime target is the Deputy Mayor and, while Bobby is checking out the dead guy in the car, Eames is getting the low down from one of the cops who arrived on the scene earlier. Goren is in the back, reaching over the front seat in rapt examination of the body. He has plucked a microscopic fabric thread from the deceased’s clothing with a pair of tweezers and is examining it closely when Eames walks up and pokes her head in the passenger door, and the following conversation ensues.

Goren: “Looks like Webster had a passenger, sat close to him, wore a purple cashmere sweater.”

Eames: “Tight-fitting, size 2, with a plunging neckline.”

Now, it’s back to Goren, who doesn’t miss a beat and with a contemplative expression, he looks at the tweezers holding the thread and delivers the following line, “Hmm. That I can’t tell from this.” Then he gives Eames a half smile – the second photo – and they get on with their investigation.

Since the show, by nature, is a crime drama – light moments such as these are a rare treat, so when they do happen, I savor them.

Well, that's about it for this post. I am off to do my nails, then I shall crawl into bed with Bobby and watch the BRAVO LOCI marathon until I drift off to Bobby-dreamland.


With thanks to Val for the photos.

2 comments:

val said...

Golly, are they mine? You are most welcome. I don't thimk I'd share the man himself though...

BobbyG said...

Yep, they're yours all right. I'd do it myself, but don't know how to do the screen capping thing. So, until then, I'll have to "borrow" my Bobby pics from wonderful sites like yours. Thank you. Oh, and I wouldn't share Bobby either. :)