Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Main Man

Okay, it's time for another Bobby post. Why? Because it's my blog, and I want to. I really, really want to. The picture I have attached below is sitting on my desk at work in a digital clock photo frame. Now, granted, "technically" this is not a likeness of Detective Goren...it is a publicity photo of the actor Vincent D'Onofrio, who portrays the good detective on Law & Order Criminal Intent, or LOCI, as I like to call it. But since this is one of my favorites -- I have many, many favorites -- and it was taken during his "Bobby years," I'm counting it as a Bobby Goren picture.

Anyway, like I said, this is on my desk at work, right smack dab in my line of vision, so that when I look up from my keyboard, I am greeted with this gorgeous bit of eye candy, staring straight at me with that "Come here, darlin'," look in his eye. Now, my boss -- Dave -- saw it one day and, not being familiar with Mr. D., pointed at the photo and asked, "Who's that?" I am unsure if he thought the mystery man could be an "actual" love interest, or if he was thinking that I was just too dang old to have a framed picture of an actor prominently displayed on my desk. I like to fancy he was thinking the "love interest" angle.

So, in my sweetest -- translation: condescending voice, I politely explained that men have their fantasy football, fantasy baseball, fantasy NASCAR, fantasy "this and that" leagues, and that this was my own particular brand of fantasy club. Then I concluded by telling him that I knew what I "needed" to get me through the day...and that he should just leave me bloody well alone and let me do my job. Well, maybe I didn't say that last part out loud...a girl does need to remain gainfully employed after all. Actually, Dave is a good guy, and I have worked for him for almost ten years now, so he is used to my -- shall we say -- forthright utterances.

More work stuff to follow, but for now and without further ado or explanation, I share with you an absolutely luscious photo of my main man...Bobby!

Not sure who gets the credit for this one. I purchased it a long time ago, but probably "captured" this photo on eBay.

3 comments:

val said...

I'm sitting at the teacher's console in an IT suite at a school looking at a picture of the lovely Vincent, so I can identify totally with your situation.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he sits on my desk too - I wish ;0)

BobbyG said...

LOL! It's amazing we get anything done with the number of us ogling our guy all day at work. Makes me wonder just how many of us are out there.