Friday, October 3, 2008

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

At least that's what "they" say. Various versions of Mrs. Hughes' comedic stand-up routine are available over at YouTube, but I chose the long one...even though it does cut off before she finishes the last punch line. Now, I've got to search and see if I can find that bit because I want to know how the episode with the car oil light ended.

I loved the bit about her hot flashes being so intense she thought she was responsible for global warning and that Al Gore had been following her around for three days because of it. Unless you've experienced a "hot flash" (and not the type that are generated as a result of lusting after one Vincent D'Onofrio) but an honest-to-gosh hot flash, then you will not truly appreciate the authenticity of that statement.

Oh, well. I've been meaning to add her to the blog for a while now. Tonight just seemed to be the right moment...I need a good laugh, and she is funny and so right on so many levels.

Vid is by Mrsjohnhughes.