Saturday, March 21, 2009

President Obama On Leno

I'm sitting in a hotel room and have a few minutes to kill before I have to run out and meet some friends for an early dinner, so thought I would do a "quickie" post. I watched this interview the other night, but figured I could find it on the Internet if I wanted to watch it again. I thought President Obama did a good job. He is articulate, intelligent, and forthright. In short, he is all the things...and then some...that George Bush was not.

He is one of the few politicians I can watch and listen to for an extended period of time without making me want to wretch, so that says something in and of itself. Except for the small gaff about the Special Olympics, which the press...in oh so typical fashion...chose to focus on instead of the "heart" of his comments, it was a clean interview.

President Obama has been in office...like what...61 days. G.W. and his cronies and a host of other greedy bastards had 2,920 days to bring the "global" economy to this "pit of despair." We're not going to emerge from this economic meltdown overnight, but emerge from it we shall...that's what we do. But the President and his team are going to probably need a little more that 60 days or so to bring it about. Wonder what the naysayers will "say" then?