Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday "Handsome BOY!"

As I explained last year, while the rest of the world celebrates Vincent D'Onofrio's birthday in June, I choose to celebrate Bobby's birthday on August 20th. Potato...potahto...I know. And, just like last year, I find myself in the position of posting my birthday wish on his birthday-eve...if you will...rather than the happy day itself.

You see, I am presently sitting in a hotel room in Portsmouth, Ohio, having made a mad dash "home" this afternoon to help my dear friend, Linda, through a particularly traumatic event. I just left a 6:00a.m. wake-up call, so I can repeat the same mad dash back to Cincinnati in the morning for work. I won't be there by 8:00a.m., but I've got plenty of personal time, so who cares?

I won't have time to post Bobby's card in the morning before I head out; especially since I'm packing up the laptop as soon as I finish this off. Sorry if I'm babbling...on top of everything else, I woke up at 4:00a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I ended up going into the office two hours early; i.e., 6:00a.m. So, after the two-plus-hour drive here and an emotion-filled evening, I'm pretty much cruising on fumes and am due to "crash" any moment now. Would that my Bobby were here to catch me. (Sigh!)

Happy Birthday, darlin'!!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Bobby's Birthday '09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow