Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Introducing...Ethan David

This little guy is the newest addition to the Walden "clan." Yes, he is adorable; especially the bottom picture where he looks so darned "surprised" to be here. I just wish it were a kinder, gentler world that had welcomed him into the fold. Sigh. One can only hope...

Ethan is the great-grandson of my oldest brother, or would have been had Leland not passed away in 1998. This is the post I did about that. (I just re-read it and got all teary-eyed emotional.) How he would have "LOVED" to be around to see this child born.

As for me...well, I'm happy enough, I suppose. The fact that Ethan is my great, "great" nephew does somehow cast a pall on the occasion, however. I tell ya, this growing old thing is for the birds.

So, welcome, Baby Ethan. Give 'em hell...before they give it to you!!

5 comments:

havers said...

Congratulation to your family and good luck for Ethan...what an adorable sweetie.

fuzzytweetie said...

"Bittersweet"

Music Wench said...

Awww....he's adorable! He looks contemplative in the top photo. And he does look surprised in the bottom one. I love seeing birth announcements in my paper. Sometimes the poses they have are just so cute.

Congrats on the newest addition to your family!

TJara said...

Hello Ethan! Welcome :)

Eliza said...

Beautiful!! He made me smile today, just when I needed it :-)

May he have a long, healthy and happy life!