Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Some Christmas Fun

I heard about this on "Good Morning America" before I left for work this morning, but did not have time to check it out until this evening. Here is a snippet from an article I found online: "British sailors returning from deployment showed their Christmas spirit in a video posted on YouTube where, with the help of Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas," the men and women aboard the HMS Ocean spread their holiday cheer with the world.

After 225 days away from their homes and loved ones, that was initially planned as a 7-week multi-national exercise at sea, the sailors aboard the HMS Ocean have released a Christmas DVD to celebrate their return to the United Kingdom. The DVD features the ship's crew singing the Mariah Carey holiday hit, "All I Want For Christmas Is You," released by the Grammy Award winning singer on her 1994 album "Merry Christmas."

Carey was so thrilled by the video, which has been seen on Good Morning America, that she tweeted a message to the Royal Navy that said: “This is the best thing I've ever seen, you guys just made my day! Happy Happy Christmas!!! x0x0 to the troops.”

I just watched it and it really brightened my evening. Good job, you!!! And welcome home.



The video was posted on YouTube by twosix.tv in case you want to check for it there.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I hadn't seen this..just made my day :-)

ann said...

absolutely wonderful xxx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant :0)