Thursday, December 29, 2011

War Horse

I went to see "War Horse" today with my friend, Martha. Having read the book, I was looking forward to seeing how Spielberg translated it to film. He did a pretty good job of sticking with the basic plot points of the book; made a couple of changes...one significant.

Overall, I have to say that I really liked the movie. (I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.) Beautiful scenery, epic battle scenes, magnificent horses... makes me wonder how many different ones they used to portray Joey and Topthorn.

Had a late lunch at Mitchell's Fish Market afterward. All in all, a pretty good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is wonderful but I can't watch animal movie-things. I was carried out of 'Born Free' (I WAS very young at the time) a sobbing mess and, years later, I took myself out of the house to go visit a friend to 'avoid' seeing 'Lassie Come Home' on the TV, only to find when I arrived, she was watching it, whereupon I promptly burst into tears ;0)

Happy New Year!!!

BobbyG said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Diane. I completely understand how you feel. One of the first movies I ever saw in a theater was "Old Yeller." I was, like, 5 or 6 years old. Talk about cryin.

Anonymous said...

Glad it's not just me ;0)

BobbyG said...

And the answer to how many horses Spielberg used to portray Joey in the movie is 14. Saw an interview on CBS This Morning...well...this morning.