Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dining With D'Onofrio

So, I’m having lunch at a local bistro a few weeks back…by myself. That’s no big deal...really. I usually carry a book, or my iPod, or a notebook to make notes for the story I’m writing. I’m pretty good at entertaining myself. And when all else fails, one can always amuse one’s self by engaging in the ever popular “people-watching.” People can be downright interesting to watch. Just ask Bobby; he likes to watch.

That day, I chose the iPod. More specifically, I selected a LOCI episode to watch while my food was being prepared. So, I’m sitting there, sipping on my diet soda, engrossed in an episode I’ve seen “at least” two dozen times when my waitress arrives with the soup I ordered. She puts down the bowl in front of me and peeks over my shoulder at my iPod and says, “Whatcha watchin’?”

Since not everyone is a LOCI fan…sad, but true… I looked up at her a little doubtfully and said, “Law & Order Criminal Intent.” And then she said, “Oh, yeah! Vincent D’Onofrio! (It is important to note that she even pronounced his name correctly.) “He’s great!” Well, now that we had discovered a mutual infatuation, we proceeded to spend the next several moments engaged in delightful conversation in which we discussed the “wonderfulness” that is Detective Robert Goren. You know…the lean, the head tilt, the folded arms, the hand gestures, the tongue flicks..all the quirky mannerisms that make Bobby so darned…well…uniquely magnificent. Needless to say, I tipped her well.

Now, there really is no “point” to this story…not that many, or any, of my stories have a point…except to say – as if you were not aware of it already – Vincent Vixens…they’re everywhere!

But then, who could not be enamored of a man who looks like this…



11 comments:

mary said...

Isn' it so nice to find out that someone shares the same, dare I say... Passion you do. I have had the same experience, my latest was in a Dr's waiting room while waiting for my mom. Both men and women are ready and willing to discuss their fav episode or movie. I always enjoy it when it happens!!

BobbyG said...

Passion works for me, Mary. Then there's obsession, fascination, fixation, adulation...well, you get the idea. And, yes, it is always nice to meet other VDO fans and compare notes.

PurpleVixen7 said...

Why on this planet,I mean men or women;especial women can ressite that perfect speciment off a man;called Vincent D'onofrio!!Just look at him!!Every inch/cm off him is pure perfection,and pure lust!!Tall,dark and handsome;and with a sweet and sexy smile,bambi chocolate pirsing eyes,lips for sin,curly hair only for caresing,years and neck for nibbling,a hot butt,and the famous
huge hands!!And don't get me started on the rest off his body!

Anonymous said...

I love the way Ice thinks about my MAIN FANTASY MAN, except I would describe his smile as a shy and sexy half-smile.

I also love the mock look of innocence that he gets in the interview room, and the way his baby browns gleam the moment before he pounces on the suspect.

Now what should be "criminal" are those incredibly long eyelashes of his, and it definately against the "law" the way he uses that soft baritone of his!

Vincent D'Onofrio---YUMMY YUM YUM! At least, this is Xeresa' humble opinion.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that there are women who find him as wonderful as we do. As for those who don't, their loss, not ours ;0)

val said...

Mean, moody, magnificent.

What's not to love?

jazzy said...

sadly there is only one LOCI fan-fellow in my real life - my boyfriend. but he is not obsessed by vdo, so i can't talk with him about vince for hours. in fact, i could talk about vince for days without any break, lol.
btw the pictures you have posted are very mouth-watering... yumm!
thank you, bobbyg

PurpleVixen7 said...

Thank you Anonumous!!I'm just telling how it is,looking try my eyes!!Vincent is always yummy,and sometimes so yummy,I simply want to "jump his bones:);)!!~blush~

BobbyG said...

You're welcome, Jazzy. Though the photos may make your mouth water, did you notice how there appear to be tears in his eyes in the bottom photo?

jazzy said...

see, this pic sets my fantasy in motion... why is he sad? because nicole left him after candlelight dinner? or because he has lost my phonenumber?? LOL! we need answers!
enjoy your evening, bobbyg :)

PurpleVixen7 said...

Bobby G,Vincent eyes look teary,beacuze he spend all nigth dansing,and staring at me,before that phototshoot!!~gigling~