Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mismatched Mike

This is Mike.

Mike is one of our loan officers. He’s an agreeable fellow…most of the time…but then we all have our off days. Mike has an excellent sense of humor, which is a very good thing when you have a small group of people working in close proximity to one another as do we. He usually gets to work before I do and typically greets me with a big wave and a smile as my cranky knees and I slowly make our way down the long hallway to my office.

Yesterday was no different…except for one thing. As I met up with him in the breakroom doorway, Mike immediately pointed to his shoes.

Explanation: Being a considerate husband, and not wishing to waken his wife in the morning when he gets ready for work, Mike doesn’t bother to turn on a light. What a guy! (How much ya wanna bet Mike turns on the light from now on?)

Funny story, or at least I found it amusing. Late yesterday afternoon, something happened that turned Mike’s normally sunny disposition into one of doom and gloom. So, “Mr. Grumpy” walked by my office and made some brusque comment in response to something someone else had said. Josh – who has a real “discriminating” sense of humor and an even better sense of timing – happened to be standing within earshot and said, “Gee, sounds like someone wore two different shoes to work today.” Aw well, maybe you "had to be there."

P.S. Mike actually posed for these pictures. He was so excited he had done something I considered “blog worthy,” so I had to post this.

4 comments:

val said...

This is why I always sort out my clothes and shoes the night before.

tate31nym said...

This story is incredibly funny, but most because one of my coworkers did the same thing about a week ago. At yesterday's staff meeting, the first question was, "John, do your shoes match?"

BobbyG said...

Val, the lighting in my apartment is so poor, more than once I've left wearing navy blue socks when I was certain they were black. This is after checking under a light. Nothing substitutes for sunlight.

Tate, now you can tell John he has a counterpart in Cincinnati named Mike. Funny. Where you been? Are you ready for baseball season?

tate31nym said...

I've been off chewing my nails and going through bottles of antacid wondering if Mike Piazza is going to sign or retire... My gut says he's done, but I'll probably bawl either way.