Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Someone Truly Heroic

Not to worry, I have neither forgotten nor forsaken our valiant Detective Goren. I am, in fact, knee-deep in screen capping "Semi-Professional" from Season 1. I have scripted the quotes I intend to use and have about one-third of the episode capped. It is a slow, but enjoyable process, and I "hope" to have all five slideshows up by the end of the weekend.

Meanwhile, a friend sent me the first video I have included in this post about a woman named Irena Sendler who lived in Poland at the time of the Nazi occupation. I had never heard of her, but after watching it, I did a search of YouTube to see what else might be available on this remarkable woman. Thus I found the second video, which has some photos and basically corroborates what Glenn Beck said.

What a truly heroic, selfless, and special woman Irena Sendler must have been. When I hear about people like this, I cannot help but think what a singularly unremarkable life I've led.

Glenn Beck Video from Headline News


Irena Sendler, A Catholic Hero

Video by catholicnewsagency