Friday, October 2, 2009

"Dead" Extras - Back To Normal...Whatever That Is

Still smarting from the news about the travesty surrounding the USA Network and the proposed casting upheaval at Law & Order CI. For the first time since the furor of Google Alerts began arriving last Friday...and every day since...I don't believe I received a single email today regarding VDO's pending departure.

I still don't know what to believe about all this, but for what it's worth, I "think" that probably bits and pieces of all the "rumors" floating around out there are true. USA most likely did play hard ball in its determination to force changes in the show and no doubt did all those things BASRIC mentioned on her blog. Vincent D'Onofrio is probably "tired" of this character and wants to move on, but his loyalty to Dick Wolf, the show, "Bobby," his fellow actors, and his fans led him to agree to this "compromise;" i.e., Goren lives, but leaves and drops in now and again this season, but eventually fades away...as will this show once he is gone.

As for me, like the "Eagles," I'm "Already Gone." I decided to not wait until next spring when the final Goren episode airs to enact my plan to boycott the USA Network. I stopped watching their network two days ago. I am also boycotting NBC, but that is easy enough. The only show I'm remotely interested in watching on NBC is Sunday Night Football, so I'll get by quite nicely without it.

I have just a couple of other things to mention before I get on to the main reason for this post. First, USA_LawOrderCI is now following me on Twitter. Should I be paranoid or flattered or unimpressed? And, second, what the hell happened to the "Save Goren And Eames" blog that helped spearhead this campaign?

Okay, back to "Dead." (Talk about your irony.) Considering the emotional roller coaster of the past week, it took me a few days to come up with some "possibly" witty captions for my screen caps, but I gave it the old "college try."

Extras Slideshow - "Dead" - Season 2

9 comments:

Labs_n_SD said...

Save Goren and Eames Blog seemed to have moved yesterday:

http://savinggorenandeamesnow.blogspot.com/

Not sure the story behind it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe in years to come, Vincent will be interviewed (there's a novel idea!), and all will be revealed. Until then, I agree, I think a mixture of a little bit of everything creeping into the public domain probably makes the 'whole' story. It still makes me sad that the show is going to end like this...in a mess!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Labs_n_SD said...

It's sad ... as there doesn't need to be anyone "in charge".

Nothing to apologize for Charley - you fought the good fight and there is no reason to take on personal attacks.

I also agree there is truth sprinkled every where .. and we will likely never know the whole story. In fact everyone probably believes their perspective of the story anyway.

Anonymous said...

Crap...didn't know I couldn't edit my comment so it just deleted it completely. Poo.

Okay...the new blog spot up there in the first comment is the new "official" place for info.

There has been some regrouping and its still trucking on...

If you are interested I would say stop by the new blog.

I agree, we probably will never know what happened.

I miss that show, its the only thing on TV I ever watched!

jazzy said...

BobbyG, as always your sense of humor is priceless!! The slideshow is fantastic.
"Count to ten. In Russian" - this one made my day.

Thank you :)

BobbyG said...

This is the comment that Charley_71 left earlier and accidentally deleted.

Hi BobbyG....

Sorry to say that the bulk of the "campaign" is self-imploding as they fight for who is in charge. My blog was the "savethegorenandeames" blog but after I was attack by other "members" in some not-so-nice emails....I removed the blog.

There are SEVERAL blogs springing up now as they fight for who will be in charge so there are lots of places out there to get info.

Sorry to tuck tail and run but I didn't really feel the need to stick around and be harassed so I took my toys and went home.

Sorry.

Charley

To Everyone:

Thanks for commenting. I agree that we will most likely never know the "whole story" behind the massive phase-out of three MAJOR characters. I am going to miss Bobby like no other fictional television character who has come and gone before him...characters like Magnum P.I. and MacGyver. But no one, and I do mean NO ONE compares with Goren and his "bag of quirks."

And Jazzy, glad you liked the slideshow. I never know how my "sense of humor" will translate to those to whom English is not their first language.

BobbyG

BASRIC said...

Flad to see your comment box is back. Lots of work. He looks so very HOT in this one.

Wondered at the time if they based it on the crematory here in Tennessee that did this.

Hope you and yours are well.

jazzy said...

So sorry to hear what happened to Charley. If you are in touch with her please let her know that I hope she'll "come back" to VDO-cyberworld.

Don't worry BobbyG, I always get your humor :)