Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Loyalty" Promo

When I first read that USA or "whoever" had changed the title of the Law & Order CI Season Opener from "Puntland" to "Loyalty," I had to chuckle. I mean if ever...OH...ever there was an oxymoron, that has to be it. I mean, give me a break...LOYALTY??? To whom? The fans? The actors who made the show what it is?

Yes, I saw the interviews, and I know that Vincent D'Onofrio is "happy" to be leaving the show. I get that...I respect that, but -- at the risk of beating a long-dead horse -- I still think USA could have handled the whole situation...you know...BETTER.

The only reason I am posting the following promo is because of what Eames says to Bobby; i.e., "Do you happen to have an alibi?" Okay, I'm intrigued.

I have read all the comments and posts and guesses and speculations about what is going to happen during that two-part season opener. To be honest, I stopped trying to figure out things a while ago. I'll just wait and watch...and "grieve" for Bobby when it is all over; whether or not he lives or dies or is promoted or fired or resigns or pitches a "hissy-fit" and splits in two like Rumpelstiltskin, Bobby will be gone, and Law & Order CI will cease to exist...for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As previously, considering this is supposed to be Goren and Eames 'swansong' *sniffles* the new promo seems 'light' on Vincent and Kate, and 'heavy' on the 'Other Fella'. It somehow seems quite INSULTING, both to Vincent and Kate, and the fans who have followed the show since 'One'. We'd better get an episode 'worthy' of saying 'goodbye' to our favourite cops, but now I'm not only worried what might happen to Bobby, I'm wondering how much we'll see of Goren and Eames!! USA seem COMPLETELY fixated on old Ostrich Head, and I agree wholeheartedly that the whole thing could have been handled so much better by the Network. Instead, I feel decidedly 'short-changed' (for want of a better word!)

Eliza said...

I've watched this a couple of times and I completely missed that Alex was saying that to Bobby..so much for my powers of observation!

I've come to think of these episodes as the last ones of S8, because there is no S9 as far as I'm concerned

Jane said...

Wake me up when it's over, I don't want to watch...

Music Wench said...

I'm with Tess. I don't want to watch.

I see the two part 'season 9' premiere as the LOCI finale. Once Vincent and Kathryn leave, it ceases to be LOCI.