Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Loyalty" Preview And Other "Stuff"

Well, the unbearable agony of waiting is almost over. Just two more days until we get to witness firsthand the beginning of the end of Law & Order CI...as we know and love it. I realize this "sneak peak" is available at a number of sites, but I like to put these things here, so I can find them whenever I want them. The first thing I noticed was: Bobby is back in a suit and tie. Nothing much else to say after that.

I'm still trying to get my "good" laptop back up and running. After spending hours upon hours of attempting to "repair" the system start-up, or start the computer in "safe mode," or "restore" it to an earlier time, or -- after getting a local computer guy to back-up the data -- restore it to factory settings, DELL sent me a new hard drive. I believe I could install it myself...IF...I had the appropriate "tools" to facilitate removing the screws and an anti-static thingy. Everything I have is too big, so my little computer drama drags on. So, now I'm off to Amazon.com to order the proper tools. I am determined to persevere and conquer.

Here's a small anecdote. My friend, Sara, called me on my birthday a couple of weeks ago to suggest that a group of us who hung out together in high school plan a get-together in two years when we all reach a "certain" milestone birthday. To celebrate the "big event," Sara suggests that we all commemorate the occasion by getting...wait for it..."tattoos." Now, the image of that made me shriek out loud with unabashed laughter, and I told Sara that, if there was one thing my fat, sagging, wrinkled old body "didn't" need, it was most definitely a tattoo. I would, however, happily stand by and watch her get one. But a lot can happen in two years, and if there is a merciful God in Heaven, I won't be around to care about it one way or another.

What else? Well, in my continuing love affair with "Netflix," I just watched the first disc from the first season of "Damages," and I am now thoroughly hooked on this show. The writing is superior and Glenn Close is fantastic as the unflappable, uber-demanding attorney, Patty Hewes. She reminds me of my ex-boss, and not in a good way. Through five episodes, I've counted...like...nine former LOCI guest stars, including Nelda from "Semi-Detached" and Harvey Gruenwald from "Unrequited." She plays Ted Danson's wife, and he's -- get this -- a detective.

Oh, and I had a bit of a "financial" scare when I awoke Friday morning and turned on the morning news to discover that the ATM at the U.S. Bank -- where I do the bulk of my banking -- had been "compromised" and a number of customer's card and pin numbers had been stolen by a "reader" that had been placed over the slot where one inserts their debit card. Turns out the thieves had secured the device on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon in late February, then hung around to watch clueless victim after clueless victim unwittingly give them access to their accounts. So far, over $50,000 has been stolen from these accounts. The perps took the device with them when they were done, but I have to say my heart was thumping in my throat until I was able to boot up the computer and ascertain that my accounts were safe...for now. I tell ya, somebody, somewhere is always out to get you...take what belongs to you.

Well, that's about enough of that...and now on to the "Loyalty" preview. With many thanks to Heather, who made this all possible. And, even though "I haven't got time, or room, or the need, for the pain," I am so very glad it is almost over. I never thought I'd see the day when I would be anxious for a Bobby episode to air...just to get it over and done with. And I have the USA Network to thank for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tattoos huh? I'd pass on that one too! Sorry to hear about the banking thing. I always worry every time I bank on-line, but I seem to bank on-line all the damn time now ;0)

Here's something I thought I'd NEVER say: I just want LOCI to END now, and end it will for me, as for many of us, on April 6th. All I hope is that they don't 'do a number' on Bobby (again) 'cause it's hard enough to contemplate him not being there, but not being there and being left in 'pain', or to have something unspeakable happen, would be just too much to bear, although it will be SO nice not to ever again have to see Jeff Goldblum's smug mug gazing at me from the USA LOCI Board. I can't help it; every SINGLE time I see him now, he's greeted with "@?*? off!"

Eliza said...

I thought I was doing ok..I'd had my moment of despair and was feeling positive about Vincent leaving and going on to do things he wants to do...today I'm just feeling bad :-(

I do nearly all my banking online, but when I use the ATM I'm paranoid about covering my hand so no-one can pick up my number...too many cases of people being caught out have made me that way I guess.

I'm not sure that this comment has much to do with your post to be honest, I got carried away with my misery, sorry....

BobbyG said...

When I woke up this morning, I had this feeling of dread...like I was getting ready to go to a funeral. How silly I am to get this upset over a TV show, but deep down it is more than that...for me, and for a lot of others.

As for the banking thing, I do almost all of mine online, too, but when I need cash, I'm off to the ATM at my local bank. Haven't been back to this one yet, but I guarantee you, I will be extra cautious when I do.

And, Eliza, no need to question your comment; I frequently find myself wondering about what my posts have to do with anything. LOL