Thursday, September 2, 2010

How To Get Your Very Own "In Conversation" DVD

But first, a word from our sponsor. That would be me. A few people have contacted me privately, wanting to know how to get a copy of the "In Conversation" video, or if I would upload the videos, so they could download them to their computer. More on this in a moment.

First, let me say that I am still in "shock" that I have not seen this anywhere else on the web...the source site notwithstanding. For "weeks" I checked every VDO blog, every VDO Google Alert, conducted extensive Google searches, etc., fully expecting to find this interview mentioned somewhere...anywhere, but I found nary a whisper of its existence. I am not ashamed to say that I was "thrilled"...and a little "giddy"...to be in possession of this untold treasure and was anxious to share it with fellow Vincent fans. So, I started working up the individual segments because I cannot post the entire hour and twenty-four minute interview at once.

After the first two or three postings, a couple of people contacted me about uploading the videos. Well, I knew that would happen...no problem...I do not mind sharing. After all, I have no "exclusive" right to this interview. I had already checked out the Megaupload site that a lot of people use in anticipation of inquiries like that. I downloaded the software...TWICE...to my computer, and both times, my virus software went NUTS, flashing big warning signs like...Danger Will Robinson...DANGER, so I backed off from that.

Permit me to explain. I had a MAJOR computer meltdown back in March and was without my laptop for almost a month as I fiddled with the folks at Dell while I tried all the "fixes" they suggested before they finally sent me a brand spanking newly "rebuilt" hard drive. Dell asked me what the computer was doing before the "malfunction," and I told them I had just installed a Windows update and restarted the computer, as I was prompted to do, and the screen went black and never started again. The Dell employee assured me that installing the Windows update had nothing to do with my hard drive failure, but all I'm sayin' is that's the way things went down.

Anyway, my computer guy was able to retrieve all my data, but the whole experience cost me about $300 and untold trauma to my emotional psyche as I went through laptop withdrawal. So, I hope you will forgive me if I'm a little skittish about downloading
"suspicious" software, or at least software that my virus program
"perceives" as suspicious.

Where was I? Oh, yeah, next I tried to copy the DVD because... again...I knew folks would ask about that, and they did. And again, I am more than happy to do it IF I can ever figure out how to burn a DVD from my computer. Believe me, no one is more amazed than I that I was able to do all the things I had to do to get these little snippets ready to post; I am, barely, computer literate. But I was a woman on a mission...a "quest" to share all the VDO love.

So, if you want your very own DVD of the interview, follow the yellow brick road of happiness... otherwise known as...the "link" and contact the folks at METV in Bradenton, Florida . I passed this info along to a fellow VDO-ite on Tuesday, and her copy is already in the mail from the good folks at METV. I believe she said the cost was $12. That is a small price to pay for 84 minutes of pure "bliss" with Mr. D'onofrio. (Don't we all wish? Well, I actually wish for BOBBY, but you get my drift.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that interview for weeks now courtesy of Eliza from the "Velocity of Vincent" blog who passed a few of us a doable file to download. The problem has been getting it posted on my site because it's so large. You have more patience than me to offer snippets to watch...I lost interest in doing that. At least I have it to watch myself, but wish I could share it with others.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info BobbyG.

TJara said...

How big is the file total??

And you should've seen my happy face when I first managed to burn a DVD that played in the US!

BobbyG said...

Tjara: 571MB...whatever that means. It's a WMV file.

TJara said...

Thank BobbyG. That's no as bad as I expected, but off hand, I wouldn't know a site for sharing either.

Heather said...

Megaupload shouldn't make you download any kind of software. You simply create an account, browse for the file you want uploaded and after entering in a file description, hit send.

the file uploads and when it's done it gives you the link to where the file can be downloaded.

That's the only downloading that should be happening through megaupload.

I'd be happy to help in anyway I can with making this available to those that have requested it. Let me know, as I'm quite familiar with megaupload.

BobbyG said...

Heather, having never, EVER attempted to upload anything before, I went to the megaupload site and started reading how to do things. I read about the "Mega Manager" and assumed I had to download it in order to make things work. I just went back and reread it and guess you only have to do that if you want things to run faster. I've just been trying to share this the best way I know how.