Friday, March 2, 2012

Old, But Healthy...ish

So, I went to the doctor this morning...just a routine visit. The good news is, I have lost 11 pounds since my last visit in December, so that makes (approximately) a total of 50 pounds since July 3, 2011. My blood pressure was 110/76, and that is without the aid of medication. I'll know more about my cholesterol situation on Monday when the results of the blood work come in. Also, when the doctor listened to my lungs and heart beat, she used words like "perfect" and "wonderful." Not so bad for a fat, old crone...eh?

UPDATE: My doctors's office called around 4:30p.m. They ALREADY had the results from my blood work they drew this morning. (I am completely flummoxed by that fact alone.) More good news. My cholesterol is 25 points LOWER than it was in December, so I don't have to start taking a cholesterol medication, and I don't have to go back to the doctor for six months.

7 comments:

havers said...

Yeah, very good news. You must feel amazing with 50 pounds less.

Now off for my fitness lesson ;o)

Leigh said...

Congratulations of feeling so great, and the amazing weight loss. Over a period of a year or so, I lost 100lbs, and have kept it off for 3 years. I feel fantastic, but was outraged when I developed high blood pressure needing medication, AFTER I lost weight. Oh well, I still feel great, isn't it wonderful to feel light?

BobbyG said...

Hi, Havers. I don't know if I feel "amazing," but I do feel better. I still have a lot more to lose, however, so I keep working at it.

BobbyG said...

Hi, Leigh. Congratulations on your weight loss and, more importantly, the accomplishment of keeping it OFF. As hard as it is to lose weight, it is even HARDER to maintain that weight loss. I know that firsthand; it has been a lifelong battle for me. Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

Leigh said...

Hi BobbyG, thanks for your positive wishes. I hope you are feeling great, and that you too are able to maintain your weight loss, and keep it off. Hands down, keeping it off is the hardest thing I've done, harder than quitting smoking, but SO worth it. It's much easier to lose the weight, when you see the numbers dropping all the time!
All the best,
Leigh
P.S. I have stopped my blood pressure meds, and my BP is now back to normal.

Anonymous said...

Good for you :0)

BobbyG said...

Thanks, Diane.