Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's Official...I'm OLD!!!!

I came home today to find something positively and horrifyingly "wretched" waiting for me in my mailbox...the Golden Buckeye Card. That's right...I'm OFFICIALLY old! How thoughtful of the State of Ohio to remind me...as if I didn't know this already.  And it's not even my birthday yet.

Did I ask the State to bestow upon me this..this validation of my advancing years? I did not! And yet they took it upon themselves to do that very thing. The card states that it is a "link to elder caregiver & aging services." Yeah. Well, Bite Me! "We" are NOT amused.


5 comments:

havers said...

OMG, how mean.

BobbyG said...

LOL, Havers! Actually, some businesses and restaurants and pharmacies offer small discounts to people who carry and use this card, so MOST people think it is a good thing. For me, however, it is merely a reminder that I am OLD! And I am not accepting "old age" with much grace or dignity, I fear. Good to hear from you, and hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend.

Anonymous said...

I discovered with a shock I'm ALSO now 'officially old'. How? I'd heard of almost no one up for a Brit Award (UK music industry). I then confirmed this by having heard of no one in Vincent's next movie project either, with the notable exception of the D'evine One himself of course ;0)

BobbyG said...

I hear ya, Diane. I'm the same way. I see all these photos and stories on the Internet about actors and musicians and, for the most part, I haven't heard of ANY of them. Guess I'll crawl back into my hole now. LOL

Anonymous said...

That's me, lurking beside you ;0)