Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Post Office Miracle

Okay, so maybe "miracle" is too significant a term to use in this situation, but regardless of what you want to call it, I'm still scratching my head over this one. You see, Monday morning, I put two movies in the mail to return to "NetFlix." The next morning, I received the standard email notification from them alerting me to the fact they had received said movies.

What's so noteworthy about that, you may ask? Well, Tuesday was "Veteran's Day" and the banks and federal offices and the Post Office were all closed that day. So, how the heck did these puppies get delivered when no one was working on Tuesday? That's my first question. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

Later that day, I received another email from "Netflix," telling me that the next two movies on my "queue" were being mailed for delivery on Thursday. That sounded about right since...you know...there was no mail delivery or pick-up on Tuesday.

So, you can then...perhaps...imagine my surprise when I returned home from work Wednesday evening to find two bright red "NetFlix" envelopes laying on the floor in front of my apartment door. I still can't figure this one out. I mean, the Post Office I'm familiar with simply is not that efficient. Hey, I'm still waiting on a Christmas card that was mailed in 1982 for cryin' out loud.