Monday, May 11, 2009

"Faithfully" Preview

Well, what do you know? Someone is on the ball this week, and I was able to find a clip of next week's Goren and Eames episode. It's the one running on the USA website, but I like to give them a home on my piddly little blog, too.

So, we finally get to see the first episode that was filmed for Season 8, and perhaps a few "loose ends" will get tied up...see how Bobby has recuperated from the emotionally draining and horrifying ordeal that was "Frame." Bobby says he has been away visiting family, and Eames comments that he was supposed to be off another week. Hopefully, they'll give us a little more than that. And, in "Blind Spot," didn't Bobby say that Eames drives to work? So, what's she doing on the Staten Island Ferry? Oh, well, maybe she's trying to save gas money.

Before we get to the "Faithfully," clip, however, I have one or two wee observations to make about last night's Nichols/Wheeler episode. I've only watched it once, so I am still a little fuzzy and confused on some of the plot points. I liked it, and I like the Jeff Goldblum character...a lot. He brings a totally different kind of "quirky" to the show, so Vincent D'Onofrio/Detective Goren fans need not fear that he's here to replace our favorite, sexy sleuth. I really hope the show goes another season...for so many reasons...but chiefly because I would love to see Goren and Nichols work a case together.

But the main thing that caught my attention in last night's show is on a purely personal note. I've been watching this show for eight years now, hoping that Goren's dulcet tones would one day "murmur" my name. (I know...it's a sad little life I lead.) I've heard him say the name Lewis, Louie, Ann, Annie, and I think there may have been a Leeanne once. So close.

Well, last night, after Nichols and Wheeler talk to the Texas dude, they're leaving the building and talking as they walk along the street and Jeff Goldblum says, "That's gonna be some family reunion. I'm sorry, but y'all have t' sell your houses now and move into Aunt "Lou Ann's" rumpus room." The good news: I finally heard my name uttered on Law and Order CI...the bad news: the wrong detective said it. Ah, so goes my life.

Anyway, here is a peek at this coming Sunday's episode. This is before Vincent chopped off all that glorious hair. I still haven't forgiven him for that.



Decided to throw in the "promo" for the heck of it.