Monday, May 4, 2009

I Needed A Good Laugh

Just sitting here, waiting for the remainder of my screencaps from "Identity Crisis" to upload to Photobucket, so thought I would amuse myself over at the "Daily Show" website. I was not disappointed. I love Jon Stewart; he is always good for a laugh or two. Plus, he has some pretty neat guests. I found and watched his interview with Hugh Jackman. I mean, what's not to love about that, right?

But the video I am going to post tonight has as its focal point a topic that is considerably less palatable than Mr. Jackman. Indeed, it is all about the Swine Flu media frenzy that has taken over the world.

Stewart pokes fun at...almost everyone...from the pork industry who has asked the media to not refer to the flu as "swine" lest it give their product a "bad" name to Republican Representative Michele Bachmann, who thinks it is a "coincidence" that the last time... according to her...there was an outbreak of swine flu was during another democratic presidency. Yeah, I'm sure it's all the democrats' fault. Anyway, Stewart wraps it up nicely with a chart that displays all the dreaded diseases that have come about during various Republican administrations.

I really didn't mean for this to turn into a "political" post...honest... because, as we all know, politics just isn't my "thing." I was just killing time and looking for a laugh, and I found this video and wanted to share the fun.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Snoutbreak '09 - What to Call Swine Flu
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisFirst 100 Days