Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bobby's Boxers On eBay

Well, technically, they are purportedly from the wardrobe of one Vincent D'Onofrio, but he wore them as Bobby. Actually, quite a few items of VDO apparel have been showing up on eBay recently. Guess that's what happens when they write you out of a show, huh? There are a couple of shirts, including one blue one, a couple of silk ties, and a pair of...wait for it..."boxers."

I swear I just heard the collective "thud" of VDO Vixens fainting all around the world. Here is the link for the boxers. I have purchased a couple of VDO shirts from this seller, including a coveted BTSOH. He/she used to post a photo of the item up for auction, but I haven't noticed that lately. Hopefully, the winner will post a photo for the rest of us to drool over.

Let the bids begin!

Bobby's Boxers Update. As Eliza pointed out in her comment, there was indeed a photo of Mr. D'Onofrio's undergarment after all. I would like to say that I was so flummoxed by the mere notion of someone offering for sale such a "personal" item of apparel that I momentarily went blind at the mere thought of owning something that had so intimately caressed Bobby's...ahem..."man parts." The sad truth is, I'm just old and am not as sharp as I once was. It's hell...this getting old thing and it certainly is not for the faint of heart.

Thank you for the heads-up, Eliza. The bidding is up to $50. It will be interesting to see just how much someone is willing to pay for a pair of VDO's underpants. Interesting indeed.

14 comments:

ann said...

i think i commented elsewhere when we first learnt bobby was going, that his stuff would soon appear on e-bay - not surprised his undies are there too... LOL

although I'd have thought he'd wear his own if/when he wasn't going cargo

BobbyG said...

I'm with you, Ann. I'd rather think that one's undies is very personal thing, but then what do I know.

Bits and pieces of his "alleged" clothing has been popping up on eBay for quite sometime now, BUT the frequency and selection has definitely increased since USA announced his departure.

guiding light81 said...

OMG,his undies??!!!*skakesherheadinwonder*
Imagine yourself in these...Gosh I think I'll faint just thinking about possessing them!

Anonymous said...

I'd only want anything if he personally stepped out of it (be still my heart!) and handed it to me. That way, I could be absolutely SURE of it's authenticity ;0)

Eliza said...

There's a photo of them now...but as they don't fit my idea of what he'd wear I won't be buying them..even if I had the money :-)

BobbyG said...

You know what, Eliza, I bet the photo was there all along, I just didn't notice it because it was not in the body of the posting, but just that itt-bitty picture below the big picture of him. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

jazzy said...

He wears undies??? Sometimes I have my doubts, LOL!

BobbyG said...

I have to agree with you, Jazzy. Considering the amount of "motion" that is often obvious when the man walks about, I am inclined to think that he frequently goes "commando." Gee, the things the man inspires us to contemplate.

And Eliza, considering the man's proclivity for "stripes," I believe I can see him in these. (Oh, how I wish.) Of course, this pattern makes my eyes hurt, so I'd probably have to ask him to dispense with them rather quickly. LOL

Eliza said...

It's not that I can't see him in stripes..it's that, if he's not commando, I'd prefer him in something tighter :-D

BobbyG said...

I hear you loud and clear, Eliza. And I could not help myself and bid on them...and won them. I figure I can put the boxers with the BTSOH for a matched set. Now, if I could just persuade "Bobby" to drop by and model them for me in person.

Eliza said...

Congratulations!! I'd ask for measurements, but that might just be a bit creepy :-)

ann said...

wow - not sure there's many out there who can claim to own his undies... getting him to model them personally would be soooooooo cool!!!!!!!

BobbyG said...

Not so creepy, Eliza. Actually, I couldn't decide if I wanted to bid on them or not because I thought...for me at any rate...that the notion of possessing an intimate article of clothing from a man I didn't know...a VERY famous man, mind you...was sort of creepy. But I overcame my doubts. LOL

Ah, Ann...that "modeling" thing is just an impossible dream, but one that makes me smile.

drl59 said...

Jazzy - am I with you..I have often wondered what contained his privates - if anything at ALL! Some of those python shots look like there was nothing between the man and the pants!!! ..I have always felt he went commando..he definately is more of a boxer than a brief man!

I wonder if people go thru his trash to find things and put them on eBay? I am sure that the properties department of LOCI has tons of stuff - like the gorgeous wool overcoat! Now, that I would bid on!