Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eames In "Bright Boy"

I've been working on the set of posts for "Bright Boy" for quite a while now. What can I say...I'm slow. The delay can be attributed to two things. Partly because when one's head feels like it is going to explode at any moment, staring at a computer screen loses its appeal. But "mostly" my overall feeling of malaise can be attributed to all the recent events and announcements surrounding the pending "demise" of my favorite television character of all time...Detective Robert Goren.

I don't mean demise in the ultimate sense of the word, but any way you look at it, (for me, at any rate) once Bobby departs at the beginning of Season 9...so do I.

And now we are being told that "someone" is going to die. I'm not overly concerned that it is going to be Bobby because Vincent D'Onofrio has stated in the press that Goren will continue to "pop up" now and again...whatever the hell that means. Of course, things have a way of changing in TV land, don't they, so who knows?

I have a sneaking suspicion it is going to be Eames, and that is all it is...a feeling. I don't know anybody who knows anybody who knows anybody in the "business" to give me the straight-up facts, so I'm just going with my gut here. All I know for certain is, it sure is hard to watch the old episodes now without thinking about what is "looming" ahead in the future for one of the "linchpins" of my favorite cop show.

Oh, well...enough of that. Here is a slideshow of Eames from "Bright Boy," which has to be one of my all time favorite Law & Order CI episodes.

Eames Slideshow - "Bright Boy" - Season 2



I may be out of line for saying this, but don't you just "hate" it when people leave comments on blogs "claiming" to know who the "victim" is because they "allegedly" witnessed the filming of the funeral scene, and then don't have the common decency to put us -- those of us who wish to know -- out of our misery? I hate this, "I know something you don't know" puerile attitude. So...like...BITE ME already.