Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Bright Boy" Partners

So, I'm watching "Frame" on Bravo (yes, I know it is a relative of the evil NBC/USA conglomerate, but I cannot help myself where Bobby is concerned) Sunday night when suddenly a singularly appalling thought occurred to me.

To explain, Bobby had just come into Rodger's morgue to learn how his brother had died. So, there is Frank, laid out on that stone cold slab, when it "hits" me...like a ton of bricks. In the Season 9 opener, when either Eames, or Ross, or -- God forbid -- Bobby gets murdered, we're going to be privy to that scene. That god-awful, gut wrenching, completely unimaginable scene when the two left standing meet with Rodgers...with the autopsied corpse center stage...to ascertain the details of their colleague's gruesome demise.

If it's Ross, I'll be sad. If it's Eames, I'll be distraught. If it's my Bobby, I'll be completely and utterly inconsolable and be tempted to throw myself in front of a bus. You know, I used to look forward to the season premiere of Law & Order CI with almost "giddy" anticipation. This season...not so much.

Here's a look back at our dynamic crime solving duo when there was considerably less "angst" surrounding their personal lives.

Partners Slideshow - "Bright Boy" - Season 2

8 comments:

Eliza said...

I hadn't thought about the fact that we'd see them in the morgue :-(

Wonderful slideshow...I think Kathryn really started to find her feet in season 2

BobbyG said...

Eliza, maybe the writers will spare us that particular emotional scene. I'm torn; a part of me would love to see the range of emotions Bobby would display. But another part of me doesn't want these "fictional" characters to hurt anymore. The deed has already been done, I guess. All that is left is the waiting...the interminable waiting.

Thanks for commenting and, as for the slideshow, thank you for the compliment. Coming from you, considering the beautiful photos and collages and videos you share with us on a daily basis, I consider that high praise indeed.

ann said...

glad you've opened your comment box...

my word, u'r so right! we, bobby and us, have gone thru' so much angst already, I can't imagine how painful it's all gonna be for the season opener and the bobby/alex/ross finale - doesn't bear thinking about

i must say when i watch repeats or dvd's i go for the more humourous ones... as hot as he his, i find fun and laughter a far greater turn on than angst

hope u'r better now sweetie

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I can't bear the idea of seeing ANY of them on the slab. If it does turn out to be Bobby - heaven forbid! - I will probably die right there on the carpet, where I'll have fallen into a sobbing heap. I'm still thinking it's going to be Eames, just because I don't think anything happening to Ross will be a big enough catalyst to make Detective Goren remove himself from Major Case. I'll be a bag of nerves watching what, to me, will be the 'FINAL' 2 episodes of C.I. Whatever it is after Vincent and Kate, it WON'T be C.I. any more.

I swear the actor who played the 'Bright Boy' of the title was in the JG Season 8 episode I saw last night, all grown up, but I'm sure it was him...

Anonymous said...

very beautifully and I always say, like well Bobby and Alex together fit as partner. Thanks for this Slide :-))

BobbyG said...

Ann, Yes, I decided to give the "comment" thing a try again for a while...at least for the LOCI/Bobby/Vincent posts. We'll see how it goes. And I'm feeling much better, thank you. Still a bit of a stuffy nose, but that goes with allergies and such. I agree, I like the episodes best when there was just a "hint" of humor scattered about. Bobby has such a glorious smile; the writers just didn't give him much to smile about the past couple of seasons.

Diane, I know exactly how you feel about what, for many of us, will be the final LOCI episode. LOCI, as we have known and loved it, will cease to exist. I've never felt this way about any other TV show and I'm an OLD woman who has seen a lot of good shows come and go. As for the kid in "Bright Boy," he did play Jason in "Salome in Manhattan." Good eye.

World of VDO: Thanks for dropping by and glad you liked the slideshow.

Anonymous said...

Phew - thanks for letting me know I wasn't seeing things there hon ;0)

drl59 said...

Thanks for the slideshow. I JUST saw this eppie last week! I can't believe I never saw this one before.