Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Just Shoot Me

After two and a half weeks of non-stop work and putting in lots of overtime, I finally got to come home at the normal time tonight. I should be elated or...at the very least...happy. Instead, I'm miserable.

You see, last Friday I went home for the weekend. My family sets aside the second Saturday in December to have our Christmas get-together, so this has been on the calendar since last year's family gathering. I could have enjoyed it much more had I not just come off of two incredibly busy weeks at work. Oh, well. Such is life.

So, I checked into the hotel Friday evening and as I was making my way back to my car, my left knee literally "folded" under me. Luckily, I was near the car, so I grabbed onto it to keep from going down onto the pavement. The long and the short of it is...I'm back to walking like a peg-legged pirate. Where is Captain Jack Sparrow when you need him, I ask you? The knee will bend when I sit or am in bed. I can even fold it underneath me when I sit on the couch. It refuses to bend, however, when I walk.

Then, Monday evening I started to notice my throat hurt when I swallowed. That turned into chills and...ahem...numerous bathroom breaks. And all that has evolved into a nasty head cold. I can barely breathe, my eyes are watery, my nose is drippy, and oh joy of joys...the coughing has started. To add insult to injury, I sound like a big ol' bullfrog when I talk. Kelly has had great fun with that.

In fact, I told Kelly there was only ONE thing that could possibly make me feel better. You guessed it. Well, part of it, I bet. I told Kelly the only thing that could make me feel better would be if Bobby showed up to rub a big glob of Vicks VapoRub on my chest. Now there’s a mental image for ya. I’d like to say just the thought makes me feel better, but it doesn’t. It does, however, make me smile.

He could look something like this...

Or this...

Or perhaps this...

Or even this...

Heck, I don't care what he looks like...just show up...big guy. Val, I'm pretty sure I snagged these from you somewhere along the way, so many, many thanks.

7 comments:

val said...

Almost anything he did could make me feel better even if I was already dead. (I actually envy the corses in LOCI that get a hands-on from Bobby).

Anonymous said...

He could rub my chest as long as I get to reciprocate.

I seem to have a bit of a cold at the moment, so feel better soon - or Vincent could have quite a line of those waiting for the 'laying on of hands' Um.....OK, he already has quite a line ;0)

BobbyG said...

I'm sure the line could extend all the way across the "pond" to your neck of the woods. Hope you feel better, too. I hate head colds; they're such a nuisance. I'm at the coughing, hacking, can barely breathe stage of mine.

Just watched "Untethered" again on USA. They deleted a couple of scenes. The main one I noticed was at the end when Bobby told Frank he couldn't call him anymore, then said he'd wait for the splash if he heard Frank was standing on a bridge, ready to jump. I don't remember seeing the scene when Frank gave Bobby the ring either, but I may have missed it.

Eliza said...

I hope you feel better soon...when you've finished with Bobby could you send him my way please?? I have a bug thats given me a raging headache for 3 days so far and I'm sure a head rub and a neck massage from those wonderful hands would make me feel better...and if it didn't make me feel better it wouldn't matter cos I'm pretty sure I'd be too turned on to care :-D

BobbyG said...

Thank you, Eliza...I took off today to give me a three-day weekend to stay in bed and rest, drink plenty of liquids...you know the drill for a cold. I'm sorry to hear about your malady. Of course, I will share our dear Bobby. That's what we VDO Vixens do for one another. I'm sure there's some special "magic" in those strong hands. Feel better soon.

Jane said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm healthy at the moment...Can I still have Vincent?!

BobbyG said...

LOL, Tess. Thanks for the laugh. Yes, you may have a visit from VDO too. Actually, he'd have a lot more fun with you than me...at the moment. I'm a big ol' whiny mess, but I'm determined to pull through.