Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stuff Men Can't Do

I forwarded a copy of my “tale of woe” about the whole tire fiasco to several friends, and Cathy, who I’ve been friends with since 8th grade, replied with the following anecdote:

“I remember one day at the drug store, I saw a young man standing in front of the sanitary pad shelf...a note from his wife in hand. He was looking totally confused. I offered to help...looked at the note...and reached right for the ones she had requested. He thanked me and I told him…no problem. Most women don't know what kind of oil to put in their cars, so we're even.”

On a related note, the “check engine” light came on again today. Perhaps I’ll just do us all a favor and blow my brains out now. That sure sounds more appealing than another trip to the garage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The oil that goes in my car is black and gooey. See, I do know something ;0)

val said...

Er, no, Diane, that is what it's like when it COMES OUT! (Hopefully not in a drip that indicates a leak).

Anonymous said...

Really? 'BV' ('Before Vincent') I used to check my oil every week. Now I never seem to have time ;0)

Eliza said...

I think in an emergency I'd travel with Val...she knows more than me anyway :-)

BobbyG: I wish you all the luck in the world getting your car sorted..I can't even mend a puncture on a bike tyre..not without a lot of swearing anyway :-D