Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bugger!

For two days now, I have prepared any number of wonderful slideshows using the following photos, but when I paste them to my blog, that little Photobucket "circle of hell" just keeps spinning faster and faster, but it never spits out any photos.

I have checked the code against other slideshows and reposted other "test" slideshows. The codes match and the old slideshows work just fine...and yet...the new one just thumbs its nose at me...well...if it had a nose and a thumb, I assure you that is what it would be doing. Anyway, about five minutes ago, I reached the point where I don't give a flying F---!!!! You know what I'm talking about...when you want to heave the old laptop through a window. I resisted.

I am, however, completely and utterly exasperated with Photobucket and Blogger. I know when I've been bested. So, I said a choice word or two, cried "uncle" and finally reverted to the old-fashioned way of uploading pictures to my blog. (And so go the days of My Big Fat Freakin' Life.)

I need to go pack for my trip, so here are some photos of the ever-handsome Mr. D'Onofrio. Don't know if you've seen them or not, but please enjoy them.







Got them from a fellow VDO fan.

8 comments:

Music Wench said...

Thanks for sharing them! I haven't seen any of these.

I do so understand how you feel. In my case lately it's been YouTube videos. The last time I had problems, I had about 20-some odd postings - repeatedly of certain videos - and my blog looked like I went crazy. LOL A friend even PMed and asked if I was on crack or something.

It's doing it again to me now and I keep trying to post a video and I've been putting Test 1 and Test 2 in the comment section so people will know I've been testing and I'm not really that much of an idiot.

Anonymous said...

I have too problems,with Photobucket and You Tube,and other mine memebershi.I don't know what to think,going to help is to long for me rigth now.Maybe when I have more time to spare.
That man..HABA,HABA,HABA!!:);)

Anonymous said...

Technology is being a royal pain the ass at the moment, but thank you for posting the photos. I hadn't seen any except the last one. I wonder if the movie was crap? Looks like Carin went home at some point ;0)

BobbyG said...

Music Wench, I owe you an email and will be in touch soon. Glad you liked the pics.

Diane, actually, I have a couple with Carin in them as they were leaving, but didn't post them. I'll send them to you...just give me a day or two...am getting ready for a nine day trip and am going COLD TURKEY without my laptop tonight.

Everyone, yes...technology SUCKS sometimes. Most of the time it is GREAT, but when it doesn't do what you want it to, or at the very least, what it USED to do, it can be very, VERY frustrating.

Eliza said...

Photobucket refusing to post slideshows on Blogger was the reason I found a slideshow maker I can use onthe pc.I'll send you the link :-)

Thank you for the new pics...makes me go all funny when I see him looking so healthy and happy!

BobbyG said...

Eliza, I love you to death. I will happily accept the link, then most likely pester you with "how to" questions because, as you know, I have a large learning curve. Thanks...you're the best!

Glad you liked the photos. I sent an email to a guy I buy pics from on eBay and sent him copies of some of the ones that have been coming out of Getty (is that right). Anyway, I asked if he could get any of these through his "sources." He wrote back and said those were hard to get, BUT he found these and wanted to know if I was interested. Yeah, right? Am I interested? So, wanted to share with y'all...coz we're all in this together.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo offer hon. Hopefully my PC is now restored to the point it can handle them ;0)

Anonymous said...

these are new to me... duh of course they are, I've hardly been online for ages

still as gorgeous as ever is our dahling vincent... bless him