Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In The Arms Of The Angel

I have always loved this song, ever since I heard it played in the background on "Friends." I never bought the CD or anything, never even heard it on the radio...just got snatches of it on different shows or movies and such...and had never really listened to all the lyrics. But the melody and Sarah McLachlan's voice are so hauntingly beautiful...the song has always captivated me.

So, as I was driving home this evening, impatiently punching the radio buttons in search of a song I could bear to listen to, whose lilting tones should I happen upon? Thus inspired, I came home, fired up the laptop, did a quick search of YouTube for the video and Googled the lyrics, and...wa lah...instant post.

I don't know...beautiful release...sweet madness...glorious sadness...and most importantly...comfort. The song just speaks to me. Somewhere out there, there's got to be a BOBBY video to this song. I can see it in my mind, just lack the technical savvy to make it happen.


(Video by Linhvu3010. Many thanks.)

The lyrics:
Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay.
There’s always some reason
To feel not good enough
And it’s hard at the end of the day.
I need some distraction
Oh, beautiful release
Memory seeps from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I’ll find some peace tonight.

In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie.
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there.

So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There’s vultures and thieves at your back.
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack.
It don’t make no difference
Escaping one last time
It’s easier to believe in this sweet madness, oh
This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees.

In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear.
Oh, you are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there.
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here.

4 comments:

Music Wench said...

Love this song! Sarah McLachlan is among my favorite vocalists. For some reason I recall seeing a Goren and Eames video with this song but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. Now I'll have to go look at them all to figure it out! LOL

If I had the technical know-how I'd be making videos like crazy. I suppose it's a good thing I don't because I already spend way too much time looking for photos and videos by other people!

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful...

Eliza said...

It's a truly beautiful song,one I hadn't heard before.I have a feeling it would make a very sad Bobby video though.....

jazzy said...

a bobby video with this song?? boy that would be sadness overloaded!
would love it, lol