Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Mom Song

I saw this video last year before I started blogging. I had saved it as a favorite on YouTube, but it was suddenly unavailable. Luckily, these things have a way of reappearing, so I am able to share it with everyone now.

Now, I'm not a mom, but I have had a few of these things said to me as a kid by my mom or dad, and I'm certain the Mom's out there will recognize themselves in this litany of "sayings" for which Moms throughout the ages have become famous. Even those of you who "swore" when you were growing up that you would never, ever say these things to your kids, have had to eat your very words when these maxims have come tumbling from your lips of their own volition.

My favorite is the "and if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump, too." It is fast-paced and sung to the "William Tell Overture," so listen closely. If you've already seen it, my apologies. If not, I do hope it brings a smile to your lips. I can...and have... watched it over and over.


By the way, this post is coming to you from a Holiday Inn Express about twenty miles north of Knoxville, Tennessee. Tomorrow, I hope to be talking to you from Savannah, Georgia. So, in the spirit of being in the south, I bid you a "'Night, y'all."

6 comments:

Music Wench said...

LOL I loved it! I have heard most of those and said most of those to my stepson and grandchildren. Mostly to the grandchildren. My stepson was an angel until he became a teenager and even then he only misbehaved at his mom and grandparent's homes. My husband jokes it was self-preservation on his part to not make me angry. ;) LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Eliza said...

oh dear..I think just about every word she said has come out of my mouth at least once....my poor kids LOL

Thank you for this,I'd never seen it and it was definitely worth more than one viewing

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip - and Happy Mother's Day over there. In the UK, it was in March!

Anonymous said...

someone once sent this to me; it had me in stitches... some people are so clever

hope all's good with you

mary said...

Oh I am ltre to read this post(May 17) wish i had maybe if you got to jacksoville maybe we could have met up! sorry about that.

BobbyG said...

Sorry, Mary. I was in Savannah for 2 and a half days, then back up to Hilton Head for training related to my job. I think Jacksonville is only a couple of hours from Savannah. It would have been nice to meet up. Maybe someday.

I got home today about 2:00p.m. I did VERY LITTLE blogging while I was gone. Not sure I know how to get started again. Take care.