Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Top 10 Ways To Know When You’re Depressed

10. While watching the Cymbalta commercial, you think, “Gee, I wish I looked that happy."

9. You answer the “Depression Checklist” question: Do you have recurring thoughts about death or suicide with, “Doesn’t everyone?”

8. Your “contact” in the Reds ticket office calls to offer you FREE tickets behind home plate, and you blithely tell her, “No, thanks.”

7. You sleep for twelve hours, wake up and mope around the apartment for an hour or so, then take a four hour nap.

6. Things that normally make you laugh, now make you cry and...perversely...visa-versa.

5. You have an all expenses paid, ocean-view room at a top notch spa/resort hotel for a week and only manage to drag your big ol’ butt down to the beach one friggin’ time.

4. You wake up in the morning and realize that it wasn’t just a horrible dream…your Big Fat Freakin’ Life truly does suck!

3. You call the suicide hotline…and they end up giving you “how-to” tips.

2. You’d rather scrub the toilet or mop the kitchen floor than watch LOCI episodes.

And the NUMBER 1 Way To Know When You’re Depressed…

1. You look longingly and deeply at Detective Robert Goren and find yourself wondering, “What did I ever see in this guy?”

(Now, don’t get me wrong…I still love Criminal Intent and my big hunky Detective Bobby…it’s just hard to parlay that into a reason to live.)

9 comments:

Music Wench said...

Sorry to hear you're depressed. As I said in my email, I do have some understanding of what you're going through.

I hope you'll be feeling better by the time new episodes start to air so you can enjoy them as they should be. I know depression puts a dark cloud over everything.

If you ever want to talk or vent, I'm a good listener and I've had lots of practice.

Jane said...

Oh Dear. This isn't good.

Remember you have friends in blogland...You're not alone!

val said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. I hope Bobby can cheer you up, 'cos WE all know what you saw in him, and think you will see in him again.

Eliza said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy your trip because of this.We both know how hard it can be to come back from it too,but I also know that support from people who care makes a big difference,even if it takes a while.Hang in there and come back if/when you feel like it.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life is shit!

jazzy said...

email me if you want

mary said...

Down is not a fun place! I also have an ear if one is needed, just letting ya know. Anything else ya nedd just email and I'll do my best.

BobbyG said...

Many, MANY thank you's for your kind comments and good wishes. It truly means a lot to me. I'll be okay...I just have to work through it. I'll do an "explanation" post in a day or two.

And for those of you who emailed me privately, again...thank you for your concern. I'll reply to each of you...soon.

BobbyG said...

And, Diane...your comment made me laugh. You always get to the heart of the matter...short, sweet and to the point.