Sunday, April 5, 2009

Law & Order CI - Season 4 On DVD - In The U.S.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a Google Alert for Vincent D'Onofrio which stated that Season 4 of Law & Order Criminal Intent was to be released on August 31, 2009...wait for it...in England. In the blink of an eye, I went from the heights of sheer, unadulterated "euphoria" and shouts of "hallelujah" to the depths of sheer, unadulterated "disappointment" and shouts of...well, I won't bore you with that. Suffice to say, I was not a happy camper.

You see, I've been waiting for this announcement for nearly four years...as have the rest of the LOCI faithful. Eliza wrote about it on her blog, as well, and included one of her beautiful "signature" collages to commemorate the occasion.

So, did I languish in the pit of my despair? I did not. Well, maybe for a minute or two, but not for long because I happen to subscribe to that old adage of...where there's a will...there's a way. One thing I know for certain is...when it comes to Detective Robert Goren...I've got the will. And if there's a way, I'll certainly find it. I mean, I already own a multi-regional DVD player, so I should be able to play the Region 2 DVDs...no problemo.

The rub comes into play when I want to watch them on my computer through PowerDVD, so I can watch and quote and screen cap the episodes from the convenience of my laptop. Then I happened to remember a software program that Val...she of the Life and Vincent blog...told me about when I first started dabbling in all this, so I checked it out. According to the software's website, I should be able to do everything I want to do...and then some. So, I "hied" myself over to the Amazon.com U.K. website and pre-ordered Season 4. I did a quick conversion from pounds to U.S. dollars to ensure that I wouldn't have to sell a kidney in order to afford it, and all is well.

Then a couple of days ago, I got to thinking. Scary...I know. "Thinking" can oftentimes turn into an expensive proposition for me, but I digress. I "rationalized" that I found it hard to believe Universal would release Season 4 in England and elsewhere without...at least...doing so in the U.S. at or around the same time. So, I "hied" myself over to Amazon.com (the U.S. version) and...sure enough...Season 4 is available for "pre-order" in the U.S. as well. It does not give a release date, but does list the purchase price as $41.99. The only thing that would make me happier is if Amazon or iTunes decided to sell them as individual episode downloads, as well. Oh, well. Small steps.

Needless to say, I pre-ordered my U.S. copy before leaving the site. Now, the race is on. Who will have it first...the U.K. or the U.S.? I bloody well don't give a tinker's damn...I just want my Bobby in Season 4. And by hook or by crook...it looks as if that is going to happen later this year. I should live so long.

Since I don't have any decent screen caps of my own for Bobby in Season 4, I "borrowed" Eliza's collage from her The Velocity of Vincent blog. I can't wait to get to Season 4 in my episode "tributes," so I can talk about that hair. Thank you, Eliza.