Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Been A Longgggggggg Week

After dealing with demanding borrowers and bankers, surly employees and colleagues, and contrary computers the live long week at work, I needed a good, hearty laugh this evening. And I found it in an email from my friend, Cathy. Actually, the body of the email read, "Go to Google and look up Left Brain's Grocery List. It will make you laugh out loud." So, I did...and it did.

What I found was a link to an audio tract featuring the humorist Jeanne Robertson from an XM radio broadcast or a CD or something. I had never heard of her, but I thought I would give her a listen, and I'm so very glad I did. She was funny and witty and humorous without being vulgar or obscene, which...sadly...is a rare art these days. I loved it and am now searching for other tidbits of humor from this former "Miss North Carolina."

Anyhow, after "listening" to her recount her story about sending her husband, who she calls "Left Brain," to the grocery store, I wanted to "see" her tell it. So, I took myself over to YouTube and there she was and now...here she is. Hope she makes you laugh, too.


Compliments of JeanneRobertson.