Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just Bobby in "Anti-Thesis"

I had a "Bobby Dream" a couple of nights ago, an almost unheard of occurrence in the deep, dark recesses of my nocturnal slumbers. The last time I had such a dream, it was "good enough" to warrant devoting an entire post to its retelling, and it can be found here...just in case you're interested in the sort of Bobby dream my deluded brain might conjure. This dream was decidedly different from that one, however.

It began similarly, in that I was a spectator on the sidelines in the MCS interview room, watching Bobby and Eames question some individuals about a case. I wasn't watching a television screen; I was actually there in the same room, watching unobtrusively and quietly in the background. It was like they didn't even know I was there... which is pretty much how my real life goes. I have absolutely no recollection as to what was being said except that when it was over, this woman...I had never seen her before...walked up to Bobby. And right there before my bemused eyes, he smiled at her and took her in his arms and looked at her lovingly and kissed her on the forehead and announced to the room that she was pregnant...they were starting a family together.

Well, to say the least, I found this bit of news "surprising." To be clear, the woman wasn't Eames and she wasn't me...dang it. She was tall and thin and had long, dark, curly hair. I remember "dream thinking" that, so this is how they are going to deal with Bobby's departure from the show, send him off into the fading sunset to live "happily ever after" with this mystery woman.

Then the dream turned really "odd" in that Eames saw me and came over and asked me to go with her to the restroom...honest to God. I don't know why it is, but a good many of my dreams take place in bathroom facilities. Anyway, so here I am in the "loo" with Eames, and she starts complaining that her mouth hurts, and she opens her mouth...wide...and asks me to look inside and see if I can see anything like an abscessed tooth or something. She did this...like...three times; got right up in my face and kept opening her mouth as wide as she could.

And that, my friends, is the story of my life. Bobby's in the next room...with the love of his life who looks nothing like me...except for the hair, and I'm stuck in the bathroom, looking for a pocket of putrid puss in Eames' mouth. My life...even My Big Fat Freakin' "Dream" Life truly SUCKS!

Now on to the reason for this post; i.e., photos of "just" Bobby in "Anti-Thesis." Once again, I apologize to those of you who cannot abide sightings of the she-devil-evil-one, but...unfortunately...I could not "crop" her out of the photos without messing with the size of the pictures in the slideshow. That's when my borderline "OCD" kicks in...and - well, I'm dealing with a lot of crap here, folks, so just focus on Bobby's handsome face and all will be right with the world. Trust me.

One last thing, a couple of year's ago, I did a post about "Why I Hate Valentine's Day." That is why I had not bothered to pass on any good wishes for this day that is set aside for all the "pairs" of lovebirds out there...it holds no happy memories for me. But, as I was putting the slideshow together, I did make one small concession for the day...as you will see.

Enjoy our Bobby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the VERY rare occasions I Vincent dream, I'm lucky if I remember any details when I wake up, which is deeply annoying.

Gorgeous slide show, I'm barely snarling at all at those traces of blonde hair (I must be very mellow today!)

Anonymous said...

If I ever dream of Vincent, it's me interviewing him like some kind of reporter asking him if he ever goes on the internet to see what the fuss is all about. I would tell him that there is this "movement" of sexed craved women who call themselves "Vincent's Vixens" and that he should really check some of the blogs and videos out. Yeah right! And then I later after the camera cuts I reveal my alias to him and he responds with a interested "Oh Really?". LOL

Music Wench said...

I rarely remember my dreams but when I do they're boring. Although I prefer boring to looking for puss in anyone's mouth.

Lovely slideshow, though. :-)