Sunday, August 22, 2010

Full Metal Jacket - Part II

The Reds are on the west coast, presently losing to the Dodgers, so while I'm watching the game, I thought I would go ahead and post Part II of the "Full Metal Jacket" segment from the "In Conversation" interview with Vincent D'Onofrio.

There is one amusing comment that got left on my "cutting room" floor, but want to make note of it here. The moderator says to VDO that his "expression" throughout the scene in the latrine is one of almost "demonic" possession. Without missing a beat, VDO replies, "Yeah, my son has that look." I thought that was cute.

Then the moderator goes on to ask, "How did Kubrick get you there?" And VDO's answer may be viewed in the following clip from the interview.

Video


Slideshow

In the next segment to be posted, VDO talks about his death scene in "The Player" and how he came up with the idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust Vincent to come up with an idea for a way for his character to die!!

Ruby said...

These are such a treat, BobbyG! Thank you SO MUCH!! Diane: hee, hee, hee! Right you are!

ann said...

oh my word - i am loving these

thank you thank you thank you

Music Wench said...

These are such a joy! I have this wish that it never ends. lol Not that I wish you to work on this forever but it is such a treat to check here and find yet another piece of this interview. :-)

BASRIC said...

I love his commentary but I don't watch the movie its ti brutal for me.

He was a fabulous actor in the movie--he had star potential written all over him then.

BobbyG said...

Thanks to everyone for commenting, but please allow me to give a special "shout out" to BASRIC. It is so very good to hear from you again. I know you have been through a LOT this year. I hope you are okay.