Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vincent Talks About Getting Started

I have been working on actual "work" stuff since 9:00 this morning, so my reward for being a good little employee is: I now get to play with Vincent.

I dubbed this section "Getting Started" because VDO talks about his early days; things like hitchhiking from California to New York and his days as a bouncer. I bet he could write an interesting book and/or movie...or both...about those experiences. I would love to hear more details about that.

Anyway, the moderator makes a comment about Vincent growing up in Bensonhurst, and the fact that the area had a rich heritage for producing show business people. People like: Barbra Streisand, The Three Stooges, and Vic Damone. He wanted to know if Vincent had been aware of that heritage while he was growing up and if it influenced him in any way. His response can be heard in the following video. Enjoy!

Video


Slideshow

6 comments:

Music Wench said...

lol Little hippie child amongst gangsters! That made me chuckle. I can see him that way, too. :-D

Thanks for rewarding us as well as yourself with these! :-) Hope you get a weekday off to make up for working on Sunday!

Ruby said...

Fabulous, BobbyG! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us!!

ann said...

this interview is absolutely brilliant - i'm so pleased you're sharing the show and your great caps with us - he is just so darn cute and funny and i love him to bits

is it possible to email me a link to the whole interview - one day i would love to watch it in its entirety

Anonymous said...

I live in hope that ONE day, he WILL write his autobiography, or failing that, let ME write his biography, based on hours and hours of 1:1 conversations of course ;0)

Jean said...

Diane, you'd be incredibly lucky!!! I wouldn't want that responsibility, ever!! The one-on-ones, though, that's totally different!

Anonymous said...

In my dreams Jean, in my dreams :0)