Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yes, We Have No McNuggets

Okay, I'm going to take a wee break from the VDO videos to share this with all y'all...on the outside chance you have not seen this already. Evidently, this incident occurred back in January at a McDonald's in Toledo, Ohio, however, Toledo's finest just released the surveillance tape yesterday.

Apparently, one Melodi Dushane took some "serious" offense when she pulled up to the McDonald's drive through to order-up some chicken McNuggets only to be informed that they were not presently available. It was, after all, 6:20a.m. Sorry, darlin', you won't find McNuggets on the Mickey D's breakfast menu. That's the time they're knee deep into McBiscuits and McGravy, and hash browns and such. Well now, as you can see in the video below, Ms. Dushane...not a fan of McMuffins or McGriddles.

To set it up, this is the actual surveillance video and it goes on for a little over two minutes. If you watch, for the first minute, the McDonald's employee appears to be...very patiently...explaining that they are not serving the item she requested at that time. After a bit, Ms. Dushane flies into action...at one point it looks like she is actually trying to climb in through the window. This whole scene is simultaneously hilarious in its absurdity and sad in its...well... absurdity. People are just "bleepin" insane.

McNugget McRage - Video Courtesy of WUPW


Boy Howdy! Have you ever witnessed such a "hissy-fit?" Oh, how I wish this came with audio. At one point, I can almost "hear" her screaming, "I want my "effing" nuggets, right "effing" now!!" Can you imagine becoming that overwrought over something so trite? Especially...McNuggets. Come on. I tried them...once...when McDonald's first introduced them a hundred years ago. I was not impressed. In fact, I dubbed them "pieces parts" because I was certain I tasted a hint of beak and feather in mine.

The girl's mother, in the whole spirit of people not taking responsibility for their actions, blamed the McDonald's employees for allowing the situation to escalate. HELLO!! It appears to me that they were trying to avoid a confrontation by attempting to lock the window when her "little darlin" pitched a full-fledged fit. For her tirade, Ms. Dushane will receive 60 days in jail and has to pay for the window replacement.

But the absolutely BEST part of the video is when she finally drives away, and the car behind her pulls up to the window. The McDonald's employee just unlocks the broken window and calmly hands the customer their order...like nothing ever happened. What a hoot!

11 comments:

Music Wench said...

I saw this on the news!!! It's just nuts. Like that woman who was mad about her cheeseburger - I think that was McDonald's as well.

Having heard that the girl's mother was defending her insanity sort of explains part of the problem. Over indulgent parents. If I pulled that stung my parents would not be making excuses for me.

I don't get it about McNuggets either. My granddaughters love them but I had them once and never again. They're dry and the dipping sauces don't help. Then again, I like real chicken. Love your comment about the taste of beak and feather. lol I wouldn't be surprised. And this is from someone who kind of likes spam. ;-)

BobbyG said...

I know what you mean. I think I heard a comment...I thought it was from her father...and he said she would have panic attacks after she had been drinking. That didn't look like a panic attack. And anyway, that is not an EXCUSE for that kind of out of control behavior.

My great-nieces loved McNuggets. Whenever I would take them for a day of shopping and movies and lunch...it was always to McDonald's for nuggets and a romp in the play area to wear them out. I just don't get it.

And since you're from Hawaii, I get the spam thing. Isn't it kind of big in Hawaii? I believe I've seen it featured on a couple of Food Network shows.

Music Wench said...

Yeah, spam is very popular in Hawaii. lol My favorite is spam musubi - which is basically, spam, a square of rice wrapped in seaweed. It sounds awful but it's also very popular in Hawaii. lol I love it. :-D

TJara said...

OMG. Is this for real? Seems working in McDonalds has a few "unkown hazards" included...

I do like McNuggets, but the ones we get here taste different than those we used to get in the US. And I rarely ever eat any of that fast food at all.

BobbyG said...

Yes, TJara, sadly this is for real. People are just out of control.

As for McNuggets, I believe McDonald's has "improved" them over the years, but when I have a craving for chicken nuggets, I head over to Chick-fil-A. Don't know if you have those where you live.

TJara said...

No, we don't. In Austria, the only chain(s) we really have are McDonalds and Burger King, the latter few and far between. No Subway, no KFC, no Dunkin' Donuts, no Starbucks, no Krispy Kreme...

... we're just not civilized *LOL*

BobbyG said...

I thought you were in Austria, TJara. Not only am I quite certain you are a very civilized nation, but you are probably a much healthier and THINNER country as a result of not having those fast food restaurants around every corner.

Anonymous said...

I'm still giggling over the flight attendant who took the emergency chute off the plane and into 'retirement' from his job of 20 years....

ann said...

i couldn't believe what i just saw - i'm glad she got done for it - that behaviour is totally unacceptable

if you want decent chicken nuggets make them yourself - here's the easy way, 'cos i don't eat fried food or fast food

buy chicken supremes - cut into goujon type pieces - paint with mayonnaise (that's your egg and oil) and coat with breadcrumbs adding your own fav herbs and spices and/or sesame seeds) - place on a greased baking tray (not on foil or baking paper)and put in oven for about 20 mins 180degrees (no need to turn) simple and yummy

BobbyG said...

The flight attendant is a whole other blog post, Diane.

Ann, thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try...as soon as our temperatures go down a bit. The heat "index" was supposed to get to 103 today...not the actual temperature, but what it FELT like when you stepped outside. Needless to say, I won't be turning on the oven today.

TJara said...

Hehe BBG, about being "civilezed" *gg*

And you're right - I am in Austria.

I'm not really sure about healthier, there's other things around here besides fast food that make you gain weight :-)