Monday, June 15, 2009

Holy Cow - Literally

I could hardly believe my eyes this afternoon when I came across this item. Evidently, it ran on CBS a while back, but I just saw it today for the first time. The news story showcases a restaurant, called the Heart Attack Grill, that specializes in hamburgers. Not just any hamburger, mind you, but giant, greasy, artery-clogging... monster-sized...burgers.

They have one, called the "quadruple bypass," that consists of 4-8oz. patties of beef, so that's two pounds of meat, most of a tomato, and half an onion. They coat the buns in "lard" and top it all off with eight slices of cheese...all of which adds up to a whopping 8,000 calories. (If I could make that number blink, I would.) Oh, and they don't offer lettuce or diet sodas or light beer. I guess I can understand why. That would be rather like offering a drowning man an anchor as a life preserver, wouldn't it?

Now for the clincher. All this high caloric, coma-inducing food is served-up by a bevy of scantily clad "nurses." It's like "Hooters" except with an ER theme...sort of. If the giant side of beef and fries deep-fried in lard don't make you puke...that surely will. Don't get me wrong, I like a burger now and then as well as the next carnivore, however, this is one restaurant I'm thinking I'll "bypass."

More details in the CBS video below...if you've got the stomach for it. Only in America, folks.



And if your jaw is still dropping...like mine...here is another video. Listen to this, if you weigh over 350 pounds, you eat for free...every time you come into the restaurant. I'm speechless.