Sunday, April 27, 2008

VDO Potpourri

First, I scanned some pictures. Then I researched a program that would enable me to convert a PDF file to a JPG file, so I could share the photos with y'all. Then I downloaded and installed a demo copy of said software...tested it...discovered that it worked, but slapped a big ol' ugly watermark smack dab in the middle of Vincent's handsome face.

Next, I purchased the software, uninstalled the demo, rebooted the computer, downloaded and installed the newly paid for program and painstakingly converted each one to the appropriate viewable format. Then I got to upload them all to Photobucket and pick and create a slideshow format. A "mere" three-and-a-half-hours later, the results can be seen below.

I wanted to come up with some clever captions for all these lovely "snapshots," but quite frankly, I'm not feeling all that "witty" at the moment. If you think of anything, let me know.


Some photos were obtained through eBay, others "borrowed" from TheReel. To clarify, the photos I purchased through eBay were the ones I had to scan...the others were easy.

16 comments:

jazzy said...

oh, oh, the bottle!
good job, BBG! took you 3 1/2 hrs?

well, the goal of my life would be: three-and-a-half hours with vince!!!

BobbyG said...

Old, slow, contrary laptop. Older, slower, contrarier computer operator...thus the 3 1/2 hours. Plus, there were a couple of phone calls in between.

Anonymous said...

Hadn't seen some of these before, so thank you for sharing - and persevering! Patience is one thing we have to have in spades sometimes ;0)

BobbyG said...

Diane, they are of him arriving at the USA Upfronts...only not in front of the USA networks signs. You're welcome. I know how we all love to see new pics of THE man. Glad I could be the one sharing for once.

Oh, and I did go back and add "captions" this morning. Not very clever ones, but it was driving me crazy without SOMETHING in those blank spaces.

Liz said...

Hey BobbyG a quick hello and my compliments with these delicious snapshots, it just looks great. You have a great blog and will be back for more.
Wishing you a fine day.
Liz

Music Wench said...

Well, all your work is much appreciated! Definitely a gorgeous man. This would have probably taken me at least two days to make. LOL I'm just happy I can post pictures!

BobbyG said...

Hello and welcome, Liz. Come back anytime. My blog is not exclusively devoted to VDO, but I do a post now and again. Others "do him" so much better than I.

Music Wench, didn't expect to hear from you so early, considering all you had to do today. Just read your blog, and...like you...I like the added dimension the Ross character brings to LOCI. I like the "tension" between Ross and Goren. Of course, when all is said and done, I expect Ross to back our guy.

Jane said...

Oh...He is a Tall Drink Of Water Isn't He?! *WOOF*

BobbyG said...

Yes, indeed, Tess. And I don't know about you, but I am "parched." I have a thirst that only Bobby can quench.

jazzy said...

"Gotta call my BobbyG"???
it must go: "Gotta call my BobbyG for asking him for jazzy's phone number."

Eliza said...

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!! The pic you captioned 'Surprise!It's me' made me laugh,so thank you for that too ;-)

jazzy said...

of course 3 1/2 hrs are not much for making a slide show. i was trying to say: wish i could spend the time with REAL vince :)

(btw who called you on the phone in between? bobby?)

Anonymous said...

Yummy man!!Wery fun slideshow with sexy Vincent!!He is so eatable,I just want to bite him..rrr!!;);)

val said...

Absolutely lovely - and the captions are great.

BobbyG said...

No, Jazzy. No "Bobby" phone calls for me except in my dreams. It was probably my brother, Harold, and my friend, Linda.

I just bought another set of photos from the same guy who took them at the same event. Soon as I get them, I will share with y'all.

BobbyG said...

Val, your captions are much more clever. I had to wait until the morning after fighting with my silly computer to come up with these.

And, Jazzy, when you do a slideshow, he can call you, in MY slideshow, he's calling BobbyG. LOL