Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Not Normally Politically Inclined...But

One of the guys...Mike...at work today insisted I look at this political "cartoon" from JibJab. Actually, my buddy in St. Louis sent it to me yesterday, but I couldn't get it to open at work... again... experienced mega computer difficulties yesterday. Today, things were different. Now, Mike and I are on completely opposite ends of the political spectrum, as it were, but the thing about JibJab is...it has no favorites...it shows no mercy.

It takes political...dare I say it...JABS at everyone. No one is safe. Nothing is sacred. That's one of the great things about the good ol' U.S.A., we can make "fun" of our political leaders and political wannabes. That is the thing that amazes me about politics. What with all the public scrutiny and all the constant criticism, why would anyone...who has a lick of sense...want to run for political office in this country?

Ah, well. Somebody has to do it, I suppose. Anyway, here is the latest JibJab ditty. I am especially partial to Barack Obama's take on change; i.e., "I've got one or two things to say about change. Like the change we must change to the change we hold dear. I really like change, have I made myself clear?"

Uh...scratching my head here...no.

Send a JibJab Sendables® eCard Today!

4 comments:

Music Wench said...

LOL Saw this earlier on TV. I love jibjab. One of my favorite segments was Hillary hitting Bill with the frying pan. :-D

They always do such a great job. My favorite line from the 2004 election was John Kerry saying "You can't say nuclear, that really scares me!" LOL

And yes, jibjab is an equal opportunity offender. ;)

BobbyG said...

Yes, Music Wench, I loved it when Hillary smacked Bill on the head with the frying pan...just before he said "cigar." LOL I think we call that "poetic justice."

It's funny you said what you did about John Kerry and the "nuclear" comment because Mike said the exact same thing today. Tell me, what did we do before things like YouTube and JibJab and blogging, etc., etc.? Oh, yeah...I used to read and write and go out. Now, I'm glued to the computer.

val said...

That's good. I really want Obama to have some real plans for change, rather than just saying he wants this vague something-or-other to happen.

BobbyG said...

Don't we all, Val? Don't we all?