Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Quotes From "The Faithful"

I find that I am enjoying going back to the beginning, capping and “reviewing” the early Law & Order Criminal Intent episodes one by one. I noticed or rather re-noticed a lot about Bobby in this episode: “The Faithful.”

For example, I noticed that Bobby does a pretty mean balancing act atop those church pews at the murder scene. I don’t think he’ll be auditioning for “The Flying Wallendas” anytime soon, but he held his own.

Other things I find worth mentioning: he obviously likes to give direction, he wasn’t wearing a tie tack…at least not the first few scenes…but he did wear a watch in this episode, and he doesn’t often wear a timepiece.

I noticed that Bobby can get downright “physical” when the occasion warrants it. He tossed Kevin around that video arcade pretty good before he slapped the cuffs on him and hauled his sorry ass off to 1PP for questioning.

According to Deakins, Bobby has his own “show,” but as we all know, that’s just the dear boy’s own particular interrogation style…a style he has honed to perfection over the years. Apparently, however, he was fresh out of "dazzling insights" when confronted by his captain.

And he’s educational, too, pointing out that the best “butts” (of the cigarette variety) can be found outside subway entrances, then he proceeded to take a drag off the butt the homeless man offered him. (Eewwww!!)

I discovered that…as incredibly handsome and charming as Bobby is…he’s not much of a poet.

It was revealed that Bobby has had lots of practice talking with mentally dysfunctional folks, that he is a lapsed altar boy, who has a disrespect for authority and a fascination with bad behavior.

Finally, I learned that Bobby is a man of his convictions. He is a compassionate man, who risked his job to spare an innocent family from certain ruination. He is an honorable man…a good man.

Part I


Part II


Part III

8 comments:

Jane said...

This was a wonderful episode. I loved Bobby's interaction with the priest. And Bless Dana Reeves..

jazzy said...

this is too much :) you made my day for sure.
wish i had your talent BobbyG!
hey, they should give you the writer job on loci, hee hee

BobbyG said...

Tess, I realized after I went through the episode that I didn't include any quotes from that scene with Dana Reeve. I can't remember why except that it was rather long and perhaps there wasn't one specific quote that "stood out" to me...at any rate. I echo your sentiments.

Jazzy...well that is quite the compliment! Thank you. The only thing I can say is, "from your lips to Dick Wolf's ears." LOL He is, after all, the "god" of LOCI. No disrespect intended.

Music Wench said...

One of my all time favorite LOCI episodes because this one is the one where I started to like Bobby. It was one of those moments where you just get that glimpse of what a good person he is.

Yep, this is the one that started it all and led up to the current obsession!

Thanks for making these!

Eliza said...

Thank you for taking the time to do this...I've no memory for lines spoken by Bobby or anyone else for that matter,so reading them on here is a treat :-)

I think this is one of the episodes that made me realise just how passionate Bobby was about seeing justice done..rather than just getting a conviction...if that makes sense?

Anonymous said...

Yes,you told it rigth!!
Bobby is,like I always sayd,a great man,with a big and good hart;with a great sense of honour!!
Bobby is such a unic man,that is so refreshing!!What can I say,I could talk all day and nigth about awsome Bobby!!
Just to say-What is Bobby I loveee so much,and that why makes he my kind of man!!

val said...

Wow, lot of work here - and to such good purpose!

BobbyG said...

Eliza, you're welcome. Just my little contribution to the ongoing "Bobby" tributes that others do on their blogs.

Music Wench, you are also quite welcome. I cannot recall the precise episode that got me "hooked," but I do remember the first one I ever saw, as well as the one when I realized I was "in love" with this man. But I'll tell those stories when I get there.

Val, I don't consider it work per se. Just as I doubt you consider all the Bobby/VDO things you do on your blog as work. It is time consuming, especially when I muck things up and make it more difficult for myself, but it keeps me off the streets at night (LOL) and is a much more enjoyable way to spend my time than, you know, doing housework...or laundry.