Sunday, July 13, 2008

USA Marketing For LOCI

I believe Law & Order Criminal Intent fans realized early on that USA was committed to making the transition from NBC to USA a most successful and lucrative one. I "loved" the following ads that USA ran to announce the "big move," and I had added them to my YouTube playlists when they first aired. Since then, the first one has disappeared and the second one was always a bit blurry.

So, today as I was searching the Internet for a "Vanishing Act" promo to post, I found these instead and thought, "What the heck." Flustered, confused Bobby is always worth another look.


USA: Law & Order Criminal Intent Crime Scene
Uploaded by ElectricArtists


USA: Law & Order Criminal Intent New Logo
Uploaded by ElectricArtists
I will, of course, keep looking for the "Vanishing Act" promos. The one on the USA Network looks pretty darn good.

10 comments:

Jane said...

I love USA because they clearly love Criminal Intent!

BOO HISS TO NBC...But, what do you expect from a network that brought back 'The Bionic Woman' (big bomb) and this season has 'Knight Rider' on it's schedule.

Music Wench said...

Those are cute! I remember them and loved them. USA rocks. NBC sucks.

Oh and the USA site does have promos up. You can't upload them yet. TXCANY probably won't have them until later in the week. I just found them at Major Case. Here's the URLs:

http://video.usanetwork.com/player/?id=265...oid=275060

and here:

http://video.usanetwork.com/player/?id=265899#videoid=275065

The first one is the promo and the second is the scene. Bobby looks so happy about showing Eames how the magic act works. :-)

Anonymous said...

USA have the best promos!!
When I saw for the first time this promos,I said:
1-I want to take Bobby home,the USA can take the rest of the stuff!!;)
2-AHHH..I wish so much I was the USA logo,=..I wish so much!!;))

Eliza said...

I guess just the fact that USA actually did promo's showed us how much better they were going to treat CI.I've loved them ever since the first one :-D

Anonymous said...

The logo trailers were wonderful - and show how moronic those STILL going on about Vincent's weight truly are. More or less of him, he's STILL completely yummy ;0)

Thanks for posting these. I made caps from them but that's all I have left, so it's nice to see them again.

val said...

USA made our lives complete when they took on LOCI. Power to them.

BASRIC said...

Very nice, as usual

Laura Cousins said...

Oh it's great to see these again! My favourite part is where Eames says "Uh - excuse me .." to the two fellows dragging the corpse to the cardboard box, and when Goren says "This is ODD". I love the way he pronounces the word "odd".

BobbyG said...

I know what you mean, Lozzie Cap. I love it in the first one when Bobby goes, "Whoa, whoa...that's evidence." And in the second one, I just love how he reaches for that logo and kind of "tickles" it. Glad you enjoyed them...again. And thanks for stopping by.

jazzy said...

can't get enough of those promos. thank you for posting :)