Friday, July 18, 2008

NaFF Revisited

Back in April, Vincent D'Onofrio appeared as a panelist at the Nashville Film Festival. One of the "highlights" -- for me at any rate -- was the interview that took place following the panel discussion. Even though the girl conducting the interview proved to be quite annoying, the comments by VDO proved to be most entertaining; especially his very own impression of how to "talk southern."

I posted it at the time, but the host site (NashvilleEdge.com) mucked-up the code and, by the time they got around to fixin' it, I had lost all patience and given up on them ever repairing the link. So, I ended up deleting the post...along with all your wonderful comments. Well, today as I was combing the Internet for all things VDO, I happened upon the video once more and thought "what the heck." I have been meaning to restore it for my own viewing pleasure, but... hopefully...you will enjoy another peek, too.



Update as of July 4, 2009. Well, I was checking old posts last night and discovered that this video had "disappeared" again. The previous host site, jumpcut, no longer exists, so any video that was stored there is now kaput. In a flash, I was off to appeal to my source for all things VDO...that good and kind and wonderful goddess Eliza...and she did not fail me. Eliza very generously made it available so I could download it to my computer, then upload it here. Hopefully, it is here to stay because this is one of my favorite "candid" interviews with Vincent D'Onofrio...ever...despite the annoying interviewer.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea,he is a talented hot actor,plus he is smart,too!!That actress could even come close to his smart responce!!
Like I said before,that sexy tall cowboy can come to my ranch,and play with me,anytime!!;)))

Laura Cousins said...

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes ...

1) ~climbs through PC screen to slap poor interviewer-chick~

2) Vincent is a very good looking man when he is acting. But oh my GOODNESS, when he is just being himself, he is (is this even possible??!) EVEN BETTER LOOKING.

3) What he says about his job as an actor, no matter how small the role, being able to participate in telling the story correctly ... this reminds me strongly of what the character of Orson was saying in "Five Minutes Mr Welles"

4) Has anyone screencapped this? Vincent has some gorgeous expressions ...

5) ~climbes through PCF screen to sit on Vincent's lap for a bit~

val said...

He's just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love how he's hiding his cigarette under the table - bless!

BASRIC said...

I wish I'd known you were looking, I've gotten to where as soon as I see one I like I convert it for my private viewing, especially those in You Tube and from the AP because they'll delete it in the blink of an eye. This one irritated me because I didn't find out about the festival until it was sold out. And me just ten minutes away, and I needed plenty of time to plan out my kidnap and seduction. As if my husband would have let me anywhere near him. And we ALL don't speak with that country drawl,Vincent.

Music Wench said...

Repeats of Vincent are fine anytime! LOL I could watch him over and over again.

Thanks for posting it!

BobbyG said...

Lozzie Cap, you may want to check with Diane, or Eliza, or Val, or Jazzy. I think they might have capped this when it was first available. I tried last night, but the pictures were just too fuzzy.

BobbyG said...

Basric, actually Eliza converted it back when it was first available and sent it to me, so I do have it on one of my computers. I just wanted it here on my blog, too.

I've never figured out how to do the "conversion" thing yet, despite the fact that I bought some very fancy software that is supposed to allow me to do just that. One of these days I'll get around to teaching this old dog a new trick...if it kills me.

Oh, and I dated a guy who lived in Nashville, (actually, he married a woman who was an RN at Vanderbilt) so I know that not all y'all talk the way VDO portrayed it. I think he was pokin' a bit of fun at the whole southern drawl thing.

jazzy said...

i frear the picture quality of this vid is not good enough for screencapping... hmmmm... will take a try.

myyyyyyy he looks so great!

jazzy said...

P.S. would you please send me the URL of this video? thank you, BobbyG :)

Laura Cousins said...

I'll say one thing: His Southern Drawl is a lot better than his British!!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, I can't seem to cap it. Saveable version is too fuzzy and I can't get Powerdvd to even 'see' it for capping purposes :0(

BobbyG said...

Lozzie Cap, I agree. His southern drawl is much better than his Brittish accent. And he looked like he was having so much fun doing it.

Jazzy, the URL is on its way to you via email.

Diane, I got mine to work in PowerDVD, but the picture was just too blurry, so I gave up. Guess we'll just have to enjoy this one at "full speed" unless Jazzy or someone else; i.e., Eliza can work their magic.

Eliza said...

I'd forgotten I was going to try and cap this...I'll have a go while I'm waiting for Bobby :-D

They'll either come out fuzzy or they'll come out clear(and tiny)

Oh,and the blonde womans voice really grates on me...just thought I'd let you know that LOL

BobbyG said...

It's official then, Eliza, the girl doing the interview is annoying and the blonde woman is irritating.

Ergo, the ONLY reason to watch this video is for...Vincent. Makes perfect sense to me...he's the only reason I watch LOCI.

Jane said...

The blonde woman is annoying. But, Vincent is Such a sweetheart!