Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bella Update

With many thanks to those of you who emailed me privately to inquire about the test results for Bella. I should have posted this update a couple of days ago, and I have no excuse other than I am incredibly lazy sometimes when it comes to keeping up with this blogging thing.

Anyway, the news is of the best possible variety. Harold called me at work around 10:00a.m. Tuesday to give me the report. To keep it short and sweet...Bella is fine. In fact, the "mass" that had been so clearly evident on the tests the doctor had taken, prompting him to recommend the MRI...was gone. Let me repeat that...gone... vanished...completely and utterly caput.

The doctor told Joey he had no explanation...merely that what they had previously detected was...no longer there. I just laughed and told Harold, "Well, the doctor may not know what happened, but we do. God took it away." The power of prayer, folks.

Those who know me well know that I am not a church-going, Bible wielding, religious fanatic. Far from it, in fact. I mean, God and I have some seriously intense "throw-downs" on a regular basis. I question too much, I guess. In spite of that, I do consider myself to be a spiritual soul, and I do believe in the power of prayer, the benevolence of a supreme being, the magic of a miracle.

Let me say it once more...I truly do appreciate the emails...the prayers...the good thoughts you sent my way on Bella's behalf. This blogging world has given me some wonderful new friends, and I thank you for the concern you showed me and my family.

Here are a few more photos of Bella and Mallory, with one or two of their daddy and grandpa thrown in to boot. These were all taken this past Easter. I was still very much in the learning stage of operating the new digital camera, thus the "red" eyes and dark background in some of them. I'll get better...or die trying.