Friday, April 9, 2010

"High Midnight" - Another Vincent D'Onofrio Film?

I happened to stumble upon this information a few minutes ago while I was going about the monotonous task of restoring all my "lost" information to my newly repaired laptop. Anyway, when I arrived at Vincent D'Onofrio's imdb page, I found this new movie listed for 2010; i.e., "High Midnight." Well, it's new to me at any rate, however, the rest of you "Vixens" may have heard about it already.

Now, I have been told that anyone can put anything on these sites, so it may not be true at all, therefore, I shall rely on those of you who possess more stalwart investigative skills than I to undertake the sleuthing for me.

This brief synopsis was provided: "A broken-down sheriff is forced to join forces with an obsessed Victorian vampire hunter to defeat an undead force consuming a small frontier town in 1892 New Mexico." VDO has top billing and his character's name is Marshal Stoudenmire. Vampires, the undead, the wild, wild west and Vincent D'onofrio. Who could ask for anything more?

Now, I don't much care for vampire or scary movies, but I have to admit that I rather fancy the notion of VDO in a western. Ah, yes... that's a delicious image to have in my head as I fall asleep tonight.

7 comments:

ann said...

u know i reckon vincent is more than man enough to fill the duke's shoes - big and beefy, meaty and mighty - bobby goren in chaps - hot hot hot

Anonymous said...

Well you know what they say, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy"! Giddy up, Vincent!

Music Wench said...

I heard about this, too. Now in my case, I would love to have VDO play a vampire. He can bite my neck anytime! lol

But in this case he's a sheriff. I can deal with that, too. They have handcuffs after all. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think it was sometime in 2005, Vincent mentioned a western he was writing, but as you know, I don't trust IMDB (Imaginative Minds Dump Bullshit) to tell me the right date - wasn't this the site that said he'd be in the final episode of S8 with Goldblum?

Vincent has kind of been saying recently what he's up to anyway, like directing the 'father/daughter' movie later this year, but he's never mentioned this at all....

.....Hey, I'm just naturally cautious ;0)

TJara said...

Like the idea (though I don't do scary movies), but I haven't heard about it before at all...

Anonymous said...

It seems that Tess saw something about this on another site, and did some digging:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/high-midnight

As you can see, Vincent isn't mentioned as being in it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't. Look at 'Cadillac Records'!

Personally I think he'd make a GREAT vampire, and if he needs a neck to 'work on', mine's at his disposal ;0)

BobbyG said...

Well, I just checked "The Reel" and they confirm that he will be in this movie, however, IMDB has the date of 2010 incorrect because they haven't started filming yet. His character's first name is Dallas. That appeals to me for some reason. Now, if I can just get over my aversion to scary Vampire movies.