Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another Bobby Shirt

I did it again. I don't know why, but I just cannot seem to help myself. I used to wonder why anyone would want to own an article of clothing just because it had been "allegedly" worn by a particular actor. Well, now I understand.

After running my morning errands and enjoying a delicious lunch at “Smokey Bones,” I came home to find my latest eBay purchase waiting for me outside my door. I’ll include the photo at the end of this post, but I have to say…the picture does not do it justice. It is soooooooo soft, too. It is draped across my lap as I write this, and I can’t resist…I just keep stroking it. (Okay, Linda, time to roll those eyes and shake your head in bemused wonderment at your crazy friend again.)

Now for the details. The "Certificate of Authenticity" states that it is a blue shirt from the production "Law and Order CI" from the wardrobe of Vincent D'Onofrio. This one is a size XXL. It's not a dress shirt, it's denim. The name "Goren" has been printed again on the inside of the washing instructions label. Once again, this one has a tag with CI4 printed on it and another one with PROD: LAO CI and Ex WDS printed on it. I have no idea what the last abbreviation might mean.

Again, I have no idea if the shirt was ever actually worn by the magnificent VDO himself in his portrayal of our ever-lovin' detective, but a girl can dream. So, as I finish-up this post - before going off to hang this shirt beside its cousin in my closet - I have an admission to make. I won another eBay VDO shirt auction this morning. I know, I know. I am most likely in serious need of an intervention, but I don't want one.

Without further ado, I share with you...Bobby's Blue Shirt.

3 comments:

val said...

You outbid me again!

But I DO have the black t-shirt of hotness (or at least one of its incarnations).

BobbyG said...

I'm so sorry. I'm about done bidding on shirts...unless they ever offer the dark blue dress shirt. They may have done so already. Anyway, this one is sooooooo soft. I took a nap with it today. I know...pathetic... much?

Anonymous said...

As long as they find a good, VDO-loving home. Thank you for sharing - and there's nothing 'pathetic' about what you did honey. Hell, I'd sleep in it ;0)