Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bobby And His Tie Clip

Over at the USA LOCI Message Board, evidently a great debate has been raging for a while over the “up and down” motion of Bobby’s tie clip. Actually, the consensus is the tie clip is "hideous" and should be discarded forthwith and the individual responsible for “dressing” the man in such an unsightly accessory should be horsewhipped. Now, it goes without saying that I would volunteer to dress or undress this man – as the situation may warrant, and I can think of a bunch of worthy situations – in a New York minute, but – uh – his tie clip? Well, let’s just say that wouldn’t be the first place I’d start.

One poster gave a very plausible explanation, I suppose, as to why the tie clip is sometimes positioned up high or down low. Basically, the speculation has to do with his fluctuating weight. Whatever. The man could wear it in his ear for all I care. Personally, although I do like me some Bobby all "gussied up" in his suit and tie, I also like the disheveled look…the no tie, open shirt collar look. He wears that look well…very well indeed.

So, when I found this discussion on the USA Message Board, I thought it might be fun to take a look at Bobby and his tie clip from the beginning. (As if I need a reason to mention my detective or post pictures of him on my blog.)

Without further ado, I give you Bobby and his tie clip...through the years.

Season 1

Season 1 - No Tie Clip

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7 - My very first screen cap.
Season 5 photo is from The Velocity of Vincent website.

All the others are from Val's Life and Vincent blog.

2 comments:

val said...

Congratulations on your first screencap!

I confess to being an ardent hater of the tieclip in its high-up position because there it makes him LOOK fatter. Lower down and it would look "normal", high up it looks like careless old man style.

And yes, I would like the job of positioning it. Anything I can get!

L&O Chick said...

Yes - I've been watching the ever moving tie clip too. I think they put it up higher when he has a bit of a belly. Great pics - all very sexy!